Dos ojos cenote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharknut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows how to get to this cenote, there doesnt seem to be any directions on the internet. As well does anybody know of any other good centoe snorkeling spots close to the gran bahia tulum? lastly how far out is the reef at the gran bahia tulum. I know that's alot of questions but any help you could give would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Your resort looks like it is just north of Dos Ojos. Dos Ojos entrance is right on 307 (main highway). There are two entrances. The southern one is exclusively used by Hidden World. Cancun Attractions - Playa del Carmen Activities - Hidden Worlds

You are very close to the heart of cenote country. There are dozens within 40 minutes of the Gran Bahia Tulum.

For a cenote near Tulum, don't miss Cenote Grande, which is just a couple of miles inland from the town of Tulum on the road to Coba. I loved the place. The setting is fantastic and the water is crystal clear. When I was in Yucatan several years ago, we went there in the morning and pretty much had the place to ourselves. I think it tends to get more crowded in the afternoon when people stop there for a swim after a hot day at the Coba ruins. Here's a pic:
3140006855_3c38a46805_o.jpg

Another cenote I liked was Casa Cenote, which is north of Tulum a bit and right next to the ocean. However, it wasn't as spectacular as Cenote Grande.

Are you renting a car? As said, there are a lot of cenotes you can easily reach from your resort. Some allow snorkeling by individuals, and others only run tours. If you are not renting a car, your tour operator will generally pick you up at your resort and take you to the cenote.

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows how to get to this cenote, there doesnt seem to be any directions on the internet. As well does anybody know of any other good centoe snorkeling spots close to the gran bahia tulum? lastly how far out is the reef at the gran bahia tulum. I know that's alot of questions but any help you could give would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I stayed at the same hotel in December 2010 and did a few days of diving with the dive shop right at the hotel,
::ScubaQuatic::

I did a lot of looking on the web before I went there, and opted to just use the on-site shop after a few emails with them. I was completely satisfied. The reef dives are a short boat trip out, and I did two dives in Dos Ojos with them, just 10 minutes down the road.

There's a few shots taken (with permission) from the video of the dive at Dos Ojos.
Scuba
I'm the fat bastard in the orange BCD.

I stayed at the same hotel in December 2010 and did a few days of diving with the dive shop right at the hotel,
::ScubaQuatic::

I did a lot of looking on the web before I went there, and opted to just use the on-site shop after a few emails with them. I was completely satisfied. The reef dives are a short boat trip out, and I did two dives in Dos Ojos with them, just 10 minutes down the road.

There's a few shots taken (with permission) from the video of the dive at Dos Ojos.
Scuba
I'm the fat bastard in the orange BCD.

cool,i do plan on doing some reef dives in the area.so how did you find the snorkeling off the beach?

Question to everybody, if you had to visit one cenote in the region which one would it be because ive seen alot of beautiful cenotes, it just seeems that dos ojos is fairly close to the resort, once again thanks for the help

Snorkeling was pretty good. There's some coral reef areas not too far out. Vis wasn't great due to surf stirring up sand, but a bad day snorkeling in warm water beats any day shoveling snow.

For a cenote near Tulum, don't miss Cenote Grande, which is just a couple of miles inland from the town of Tulum on the road to Coba. I loved the place. The setting is fantastic and the water is crystal clear. When I was in Yucatan several years ago, we went there in the morning and pretty much had the place to ourselves. I think it tends to get more crowded in the afternoon when people stop there for a swim after a hot day at the Coba ruins. Here's a pic:
3140006855_3c38a46805_o.jpg

Another cenote I liked was Casa Cenote, which is north of Tulum a bit and right next to the ocean. However, it wasn't as spectacular as Cenote Grande.

that's an awsome pic!

Snorkeling was pretty good. There's some coral reef areas not too far out. Vis wasn't great due to surf stirring up sand, but a bad day snorkeling in warm water beats any day shoveling snow.

o of course, lol, hard to beat a day of snorkeling period :D

Here's an excellent link to info about the cenotes of the Riviera Maya. It's old (I found it before I went to Akumal in 2007 and am surprised the link still works), so some of the info may be outdated.
Cenotes The Sacred Waters of the Riviera Maya - Playa Maya News,Playa del Carmen,Mexico
This was the main source of info I used to decide what cenotes to visit. The link has some very nice pics.

Sharknut, thanks for the comment on my cenote photo. It's one of the most popular photos on my flickr site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom