Double LP 130's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradpait

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a set of LP 130's and i've been entertaining the idea of doubling them up just for the heck of it. My friends all tell me I'm crazy that they're just too big and heavy, granted I'm 6'3" and in good shape. Any thoughts? too heavy? or should i do it just to prove my friends wrong haha.

As Nike says..."just do it"

As Nike says..."just do it"

Wasn't that the Nike tagline when Tiger Woods was their spokeperson ?? :rofl3:

Twin 130s gives you a lot of air....

Initially you may feel frustrated that your trim is head-down, but this will pass and your trim will improve with time in the water.

I can b-a-r-e-l-y climb steps with twin 130s on my back, don't think that I'd be able to get up a ladder on a boat, and definitely not up the ladder at Temple of Doom.

There really isn't a "high-pressure" burst disk, the burst disks for 3,000 PSI and 3,500 PSI are the same. I doubled-up the burst disks on my manifold.

The ladder at Temple of Doom
7776.jpg

Can someone please explain to me this "LP130" -- I am quite familiar with most cylinder offerings these days but I've never heard of LP130s.

I have a set of LP 130's and i've been entertaining the idea of doubling them up just for the heck of it. My friends all tell me I'm crazy that they're just too big and heavy, granted I'm 6'3" and in good shape. Any thoughts? too heavy? or should i do it just to prove my friends wrong haha.

There is a gentleman who posts on scubaboard and dives out at Milbrook who uses double giant steel tanks. I'm not sure they are LP130's or exactly what they are, but they are about as big a steel tank as you can get. He seems to do fine lugging them around. At the very least it will create lots of conversations, including ones about your sanity. :D

Back
Top Bottom