double tanks on Pegasus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tajna

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I went through a couple of sites, but I still couldn't find out if it is possible to get a separate backplate to mount double tanks on a Pegasus BCD. If this issue has been discussed before, please excuse me and link me the thread.

I love my Pegasus though, but for a deeper/longer/colder dive I would like to have the advantage of the doubles :)

Thanks.

Download the manual from Mares site. It shows doubles on it and states the adapter must be used. The pic is one of the scariest setups I've ever seen! Extra long cam bands holding the doubles! Yikes! Have you ever dove doubles. If not better take an intro to tech class and see what they say about it. My tech instructor would have said no friggin way! If you are going to dive doubles get a bc designed for that.

Thanks, I plan to do that in the future.
Untill then I'll just dive and enjoy with a single tank some more.

Hi all,

Just to clarify. The manual on the website is for an older "Pegasus" bcd, not the current light weight back-inflate bcd.

Ultimately, the current Pegasus is not designed to be used with doubles out of the box. I suppose with some creative modifications it could be rigged to accomodate two tanks.

I hope this helps,

Does Mares have any BCD's that are designed for double tanks out of the box?

Peter,
At this juncture, we do not have a bcd truly designed to accomodate doubles out of the box. This is something we may do in the future, however it is a relatively small segment of the market and I'm not sure if it justifies the production at this point.

Thanks for the kind words in the other post. Appreciated. It's definitely excellent to hear positive feedback!

Best regards,

A few days ago I bought the Mares Icon BCD. Gonna take it out on her maiden dive soon. In the manual I noticed it said that the camband supports double tanks as long as they were within a certain diameter. Wouldn't know how to attach it though. Then again, I don't plan on diving doubles any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom