Doubling Faber FX40s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a nice set of twin Faber 40's that were recently assembled using custom bands and a vintage style manifold from Alpha diving. The center spacing of the cylinders is 220MM.
IMG_20151220_162533 (2).jpg

Now isn't that cool!

Seems a bit wide IMHO, and I think I'd set the manifold up a little differently... But whatever.

Glad to know I'm not the only one considering this.

I'd like to see what wing's being used. Maybe an old Halcyon Explorer 40?

Where can I get more info on the guys that did this setup?

Yes the center spacing is fairly wide but is the smallest dimension obtainable from this type of manifold. If you search the forum you will find a lot of threads of people doubling up Faber 40's and 50's using a variety of configurations. The most common and readily available being the 185MM and 215MM center spacing on the manifolds. Here is a link to my photo gallery of the 185MM and 215MM bands I manufacture.
Custom Bands - ScubaBoard Gallery

Double Faber 50s with a 190mm manifold including an isolation valve is the most common setup I have seen currently being sold. I have a set of double 45s that I have been using inverted for about 5 years now. Probably my favorite for drysuit dives.

Twin Tank Set-Ups
Double 50 Tanks - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

The underwater photo is of double 72s but the configuration is the same for the 45s in the other images.

Attachments

• LP-45 Front.jpg
    LP-45 Front.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 96
  • LP-45 Back.jpg
    LP-45 Back.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 96
  • Protector.jpg
    Protector.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Double 72 Isolation Rig.jpg
    Double 72 Isolation Rig.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 91
Yes the center spacing is fairly wide but is the smallest dimension obtainable from this type of manifold. If you search the forum you will find a lot of threads of people doubling up Faber 40's and 50's using a variety of configurations. The most common and readily available being the 185MM and 215MM center spacing on the manifolds. Here is a link to my photo gallery of the 185MM and 215MM bands I manufacture.
Custom Bands - ScubaBoard Gallery

Nice! Beautifully made!

I'm interested in a plain "bar" manifold (no isolator) and an "elbow" on one of the cylinders rather than a valve. The other valve should have a hand wheel and a DIN valve. I'd love to do this 185mm. Suggestions?

Will a Faber FX40 doubles set fit my 11" center holes on my backplate or do I need to drill holes closer together? I would plan on HAVING the boots in place. Is there enough length on those cylinders to do 11" centers?

---------- Post added December 26th, 2015 at 08:00 PM ----------

looks kinda kludgy vs sidemounting them

Just stop. :)

---------- Post added December 26th, 2015 at 08:02 PM ----------

Double Faber 50s with a 190mm manifold including an isolation valve is the most common setup I have seen currently being sold. I have a set of double 45s that I have been using inverted for about 5 years now. Probably my favorite for drysuit dives.

Twin Tank Set-Ups
Double 50 Tanks - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

Akimbo! Wassap, man... It's been years...

Nice rig. Glad to know I''m not the only one. Halcyon Evolve 40 on that rig?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom