Dove Mine LaMotte - Offset Mine Sunday 5-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there with SteveC last weekend. This was my first trip...if it is your's - don't be shocked. Nice place on top of the water, but man are they trashing it down under. I bet there are thousands of beer cans laying on the bottom along with lighters, sun glasses, oars, swimming trunks and about a foot of muck. As SteveC stated, we had the place to ourselves for the first dive (we were able to grab the only picnic table available). While getting ready for the 2nd dive a bunch of "partying kids" showed up. While I was waiting for the others to get in, I watched as they threw their empty and sometimes full cans of beer in the water. At one point, I thought I was going to have to perform my first rescue dive while watching several of the kids wobble close to the edge of the cliff. I can't believe they are letting this place get so torn up, but it's a okay place to get wet.

So, if you are planning on making it to this place this year, you better get going (maybe it's already to late). It looks like the partiers take over rather quickly as it gets warm.

S. Nagel

Back
Top Bottom