• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Downloading Teric and Perdix dives

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by MargaritaMike, Jul 11, 2019.

1. BlueTrin

BlueTrin DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    @rddvet @martincohn
    Makes sense, never thought that you could set one for emergencies

Can’t you change the settings in your primary during the dive instead ?

2. davehicks

davehicks Barracuda

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    You should read up on the "SurfGF" feature on the Shearwater's. It is useful to answer that "is it ok to surface now" question you mention. Basically it shows what your decompression status (GF) would be if you were on the surface at this instant. On a 0-100 scale with 100 meaning you still need to do more Deco time. If it show something like 30% you have a lot of safety buffer below 100.

3. rddvet

rddvet DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I guess you could, but I wouldn't personally. One caveat to having an "emergency" secondary gf is that I know what my body does on certain dives. If I dive 30/85 at Ginnie springs (one of my common dives) and I'm swimming and working hard at depth, there's a pretty good chance I'll get some mild skin bends. I've set my computers more conservative than that and have never gotten skin bends with those settings. I won't go into my GFs because that's a bigger discussion and everyone's body is different, so what works for me may not for you.

I read about it. I've been diving 2 on separate gf's for years, so it's hard to force myself to change. I actually more recently have been diving both computers set the same.