DR LED500 Flickering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I used my new LED500 light on a dive trip a few weeks back and I think it may have an issue. On our first night dive the LED500 started flickering between what seemed to be a low power and high power mode after about 20-25 minutes. This eventually stopped at around 40 minutes and the light stayed in the lower power mode for the rest of the dive. I changed out the batteries (all Duracell coppertops) before the next night dive and saw the exact same thing on the second dive. I know that the light intensity is supposed to dimenish over time, but this seemed a bit too quick. Additionally the change was not gradual, but was a distinct flicker between high and lower intensity. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I just got my LED500 back from DR, and the flickering issue has been corrected. I tested the light in the bathtub and no noticeable drop in light intensity over an hour. Thanks to the DR crew for great service once again!

Back
Top Bottom