Dr. Samuel Miller, III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was injured, my family was intercepting my mail. A few minutes ago, I was given two letters that had been forgotten. One was a birthday card from my aunt. The other was a letter from Sam postmarked 23 JUL 2019.

He sent a letter of encouragement for my recovery and wrote about how sharks and DCS were two hazards of our occupation. He said there were lots of bites in "Kalifornia" recently. He sent a business card from Portage Quarry with his Pismo Beach address, an article about Sam and his son from "Sources" magazine, the program from the 2013 ScubaShow at which he received a service award, and an article about the "A-Team" in NAUI history from "Sources" talking about Sam, Jim Auxier, Chuck Blakeslee, Zale Parry, Dr. Lee Somers, James Stewart, Spence Campbell, and Bill Barada.

Quite a surprise for me today.

today is 40th day...
unfortunatelly was know about it to late, but today can tell some..

My condolences for all relatives and to all, who knows him.
I never met him personally, but much discussed here with him.
For me he was like as professor of diving. And general archivist of diving history.
Sometimes I`d try to bring him some more old and interesting tales into his coffer of story treasures.
His diving knowledge was so wide...
He will stay in my mind as a person who keep real story of main symbol of diving:
1663321568702.png

Rest in peace, Sam. You always will stay ours scuba legend.

Today would have been Sam's 91st birthday! I know he is celebrating by chasing a lobster 🦞 across that Great Reef in the Sky he always talked about!

…and real butter is non-fattening.

Back
Top Bottom