DR1 Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

off the grid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Our team completed DR1 training with Dive Rescue International this weekend. The training definitely helped our team develop better skills, better safety standards, and a clear path of how to proceed from here. Our instructor was Brad Thavenet out of Lincoln, Neb. and he was excellent. I would like to thank both DRI and Brad. We are a volunteer organization and while our team has been around for quite a while, our present members are relatively new the PSD arena. For any other young teams out there that are debating whether to get training or not, I would emphatically say "do it"! Thanks again to Brad and DRI.

Thank you for your kind words and for passing along your thoughts and comments regarding your Dive Rescue International training. I am confident that the three day DR-1 class will set you and your teammates up for success in the future and if you wish to take additional training, please know we are only a phone call or e-mail away.

I will also pass along your praise to Brad Thavanet, the Dive Rescue International trainer that taught your program.

Your support is appreciated and on behalf of the employees and owners at Dive Rescue International, thank you for your business!

Regards,

Blades Robinson, Director
Dive Rescue International
www.DiveRescueIntl.com

I am with Bon Secour Fire/Rescue in Alabama and i have to say the DR1 class through DRI is the best class that i have taken in my fire fighting career. I am looking forward to taking the DRII class in the near future. We are a new Dive team so any pointers will be helpful. Thanks

well i am off to take the clas in Aug 10, 11, 12 in GA, so I give report when I get back looking forward to the class, any hint or suggestions.

We came up with a list of questions before the training based on the way our team operates and the conditions of our area. The instructor was more than willing to answer any questions based on his experience. Besides that, the class is pretty straight foward. Have fun.

well i am off to take the clas in Aug 10, 11, 12 in GA, so I give report when I get back looking forward to the class, any hint or suggestions.

Two new divers from my team will be in attendence as well at the Villa Rica class. Look them up, David and Larry...

You will enjoy the course and take from it a great basis of knowledge with which to dive safer and more efficiently and to always way the "Risk" against the "Benefit."

Dive Safe,

Joshua Gibbs
Dive Lt.
Daphne Search and Rescue
Daphne AL

Well I finished the class ( DRI1 Villa Rica GA ) instructor Mike wise out of Florida , have to say a heck of a class , this was probably one of the most best structured class I have been to in long time , the training was excellent , video and pictures , material covered and the skill stations was excellent ,
I really like the idea wear they go through and over and test your basic skills first, very good idea.
We put to practice the skills more than once, we had mud, grass and rocks and other obstacles to overcome. Have to say excellent class, oh for me was to try full facemask and some communication systems, defiantly be upgrading to them.

Back
Top Bottom