Drager over pressurization valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
List,
Has anybody out there had any problems with the over pressurization valve on the Drager Dolphin.
For the past few years it has always worked correctly even to the adjustment. Two dives ago the valve was constantly letting out gas with it adjusted on the hardest setting. I disassembled the unit and put it together then it would not let the gas out unless I totally squezed the gas out with my back. I took it apart and compared it to another valve that has been working fine and everything looked fine. Does anybody got any suggestions.

andibk

It's probaly not over pressure valve. It may be your flow rate. Get out your flow meter and check it out. a comon problem with the drager's is that the seat wears out in the bypass valve before the recomended service intervial :eyebrow: In other words, the extra gas could be coming from the bypass valve not the orifice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom