Drager ray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dz3866

Reaction score
I have a drager ray and was wondering if it is possible to convert it to a pure oxogen rebreather for no bubbles shallow water spear fishing, is it a diffrent orifice, or can you make the bypass valve work only in demand mode. I have a pure oxogen rebreather (front mount) but if the ray would work, it is so much more comfortable. thanx for any advice.

IIRC TecMe has a 100% O2 dosing device.

Drager sells a "pool orifice" dosage unit for use with 100% O2. I have one around
here somewhere ...

gkndivebum:
Drager sells a "pool orifice" dosage unit for use with 100% O2. I have one around
here somewhere ...
Is that an orifice or just a block-off? I had a dolphin come with a purposely blocked elbow that was in a container marked "Danger pool use only" but it did not seem to be an orifice

Yes, Dräger calls the 100% orifice the pool jet.

They only used to sell it to instructors, I doubt they now ship it with every Dolphin/Ray.

Dave, stock used to be 40%, 50% and 60% orifices, with the port for the optional 32% orifice filled with a blind plug (pretty much a normal-looking screw, though it might have one of Dräger's odd sizes). So if you have the 32% orifice installed you should have that block-off left over.

With the "RAY" of course It only comes with one port with the 50% orifice, with the option of replacing it with the 32%, so with the 100% pool, is that just an insert.or do i have to replace the complete orifice. thanx guys.

TecMe -> Rebreather Parts -> Dolphin & Ray Parts -> Dosing Devices will get you to a pdf file with parts number.

wedivebc:
Is that an orifice or just a block-off? [...]

The Ray's dosage device is different than the Dolphin's, in that the constant
flow orifice is part of the demand valve and is fed from the same hose.

So the "pool orifice" is a real live orifice with a fixed flow rate (I can't find
the blasted thing right now, else I'd look up what it is).

They show up on eBay from time to time.

gkndivebum:
The Ray's dosage device is different than the Dolphin's, in that the constant
flow orifice is part of the demand valve and is fed from the same hose.

So the "pool orifice" is a real live orifice with a fixed flow rate (I can't find
the blasted thing right now, else I'd look up what it is).

They show up on eBay from time to time.
Thanks gnk. I am going to buy a ray someday just so I can do some dastardly things with it :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom