Dragon MRS plus dropping pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy all,

I just spent 3 months on Koh Tao diving daily with a Dragon Air Trim BC with MRS. It became known at the lounge chair due to its amazing comfort. With 3 pieces of 800grams in each pocket, I had ZERO MRS failures. Whilst participating in the SSI Stress and Rescue course I had to remove the MRS pockets half a dozen times, and reinstall in the water. My only issue with the MRS pockets is weights moving around in the pockets when I roll up side down, etc. The internal velcro is a joke. I'm thinking of assembling some type of hard card with the equivalent weight of fishing sinkers stitched to them to slide into the pockets. I'm also going to move some weight into quick release pockets on the tank strap, 4.8kg in the MRS pockets produces a pretty awful trim for me. Diving in a wreck I found it annoying.

Looking at the pictures in http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...rs-plus-weight-pouch-dropping-root-cause.html and comparing to mine, the short loop labeled 2-3 is shorter in mine, the #2 fold does not pass through the hole of the pocket, but stays hard up against the buckle. I purchased the BC in January this year.

I solved the weight moving around by using a length of motorcycle inner tube, size is 350 x 17 and cut to lengths of 15cm. The tube will hold the weights in place.

Howdy all,

I just spent 3 months on Koh Tao diving daily with a Dragon Air Trim BC with MRS. It became known at the lounge chair due to its amazing comfort. With 3 pieces of 800grams in each pocket, I had ZERO MRS failures. Whilst participating in the SSI Stress and Rescue course I had to remove the MRS pockets half a dozen times, and reinstall in the water. My only issue with the MRS pockets is weights moving around in the pockets when I roll up side down, etc. The internal velcro is a joke. I'm thinking of assembling some type of hard card with the equivalent weight of fishing sinkers stitched to them to slide into the pockets. I'm also going to move some weight into quick release pockets on the tank strap, 4.8kg in the MRS pockets produces a pretty awful trim for me. Diving in a wreck I found it annoying.

Looking at the pictures in http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...rs-plus-weight-pouch-dropping-root-cause.html and comparing to mine, the short loop labeled 2-3 is shorter in mine, the #2 fold does not pass through the hole of the pocket, but stays hard up against the buckle. I purchased the BC in January this year.

Back
Top Bottom