Dragon Weight Placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rowntree55

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just got this BC and have 2 dives on it. Its been great.

Is there anywhere to put weights other than inside the pouches thou? Thats where I've had all 10 lbs. both dives.

Maybe I'm missing them if they exist. Thank you.

The Dragon BCD also has TrimWeight pockets for non-releasable weights! They should be mounted on the back of the BCD on the strap that goes around the tank. Can you find it? They also help you stay more balanced when on the surface...

417254_icon_2.png

I'm at work but certainly don't recall seeing anything like that when straping on my tank. I'll check tonight, maybe they're tucked under somewhere.

Also is there an approx. ratio or is it diver dependent? I only have 4s and 1s, so my only choice is 4:1 unless they'll let me exchange if 3:2 would be much more beneficial.

Thanks.

Well, They can hold up to 2 kilo's each, so that would be 4 kilo's on your back max. I would go with a 3:2 ratio, but it's best to try out and see for yourself. If you drop you weights in an emergency, the weights on your back will prevent you from skyrocketing to the surface. But dropping your weights should still have a big impact on your bouyancy!

Have you found the pockets? Tried balancing? Any news?

Hi I have dragon mrs+ but I dont have weight pockets like on this picture.However you can find them on the bottom part of your bcd next to the tank plate

Hi guys, Peter is showing an image of the Icon bcd. The trim weight pockets are located in different places on the Dragon BCD.

Rowntree, take the jacket, lay it flat (backside down). Open it up, so you are looking at the backplate pad. Down at the bottom behind the cumberbund, you will find 2 pockets, one on either side. These pockets are designed to accomodate 5lbs per side of non ditchable weight. They have a butterfly opening with a strap and tightening buckle to prevent them from falling out.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Back
Top Bottom