DRIS 1000 lumen LED light as primary dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used one as a primary until I replaced it with an edge morph. Now it's a very nice backup. I've seen a lot of divers with large "traditional" primaries that are not nearly as bright.

I don't think this light makes for an effective primary. I do use it as a backup though. Also on my trip to the Bahamas last week the light it put off had a purplish hue to it. I didn't like it for day use at all.

I don't think this light makes for an effective primary. I do use it as a backup though. Also on my trip to the Bahamas last week the light it put off had a purplish hue to it. I didn't like it for day use at all.

Purplish hue? Really? Maybe it was the color of the water you were in. I know when I use mine up here in the Puget Sound Sound things look their normal colors. Do you still have the stock bulb that came in it?

I'm very happy with my lights in Lake Travis. All three use the same XM-L T6 and all behaved the same way in the shallow blue waters of the Bahamas. I read an explanation that it's an optical illusion caused by the brain. That the light puts out white light and the brain filters it based on what it sees outside of the hot spot. Whatever the explanation, I know I found it ugly and not really useful. Just being honest.... otherwise I love all my lights.

I use one in the Jupiter/WPB area. Works great as my primary for rec diving.

I'm very happy with my lights in Lake Travis. All three use the same XM-L T6 and all behaved the same way in the shallow blue waters of the Bahamas. I read an explanation that it's an optical illusion caused by the brain. That the light puts out white light and the brain filters it based on what it sees outside of the hot spot. Whatever the explanation, I know I found it ugly and not really useful. Just being honest.... otherwise I love all my lights.

I have two and live in the tropics here in PR. I use the all the time and never have seen that effect. Just used them on dives this weekend and they were bright white light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom