Driving home DCS!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octgal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
haha, thought i'd post a fun thread. How many of you out there have done this. Driving home from a dive and for some reason your shoulder hurts (from lifting the tank) and suddenly "oh Sh&% I'm bent" Happened to me today when my one finger went numb from the cold water (53) Of course i'm fine, but what a laugh i had after i started to think about it too much.

just wondered if anyone else felt secretly like this sometimes??

Oh thank god iam not the only one :) I remember one time my shoulder hurt and arm went numb turns out it was my harness digging into my shoulder weird eh

Cheers Alex

Especially when you were pushing the limts a little... :wink:

All to often though it is the other way round --- people have symptoms --- and they deny them --- denial is one of the TOP symptoms of DCS. BTDT have the Table 6 schedule.

Kimber

no i know, it can be serious and not to be dumb, i was just wondering if anyone else acted silly every now and then. My dives today were WELL within limits. I laughed at myself when i realized how much i secretly worried about it

I remember sitting around the table with the boys debriefing after my very first deep dive (110 FSW). I noticed the left side of my jaw was a bit sore. My first thought was "$^(t! first deep dive and take a hit". After replaying the dive in my head, I realized that I had been clamping down on the mouth piece so hard that it was causing the joint pain. The fear of losing my reg combine with a nasty bit of task loading caused undue stress on the joint. The next day I made a conscious effort not to chew the mouth piece into pieces. End result, no joint pain!

Another reason to relax during your dive.

Cut the no-fly time by a couple of hours once on the way back from Monterey, CA. About 30 mins into the flight my right arm started aching. The next day I was beat, and my arm was going numb on and off.

I finally called DAN and got checked. Turned out to be a herniated disc in my neck due to lifting dive gear at the airport.

Rick Inman:
Cut the no-fly time by a couple of hours once on the way back from Monterey, CA. About 30 mins into the flight my right arm started aching. The next day I was beat, and my arm was going numb on and off.

I finally called DAN and got checked. Turned out to be a herniated disc in my neck due to lifting dive gear at the airport.
Well, I guess I can't get you to pack my gear can I.

Rick, ever feel a little funny coming back from the sound? Sea level to 3100' then back to 2200' can do some weird things to the body. So we use that excuse to drink a few beers. :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Rick, ever feel a little funny coming back from the sound? Sea level to 3100' then back to 2200' can do some weird things to the body.
The oysters at Skippers in Issaquah dissolve all my nitrogen bubbles and they quickly pass as gas.

i was on a weekend technical trip.
early on the second day. myself and the capt. of the boat went and pulled the hook, so we cpuld steam to the next wreck.
After the dive, and deco. back on the boat.... stowed my gear, and off we went to the next dive site about a hour away....
excellent. NAP TIME!
We where in 6 foot seas, and the boat was more than handling it well, but we where still rockin a little bit so i wedged myself into my bunk.. and went to sleep..
when i woke up both my elbows hurt, and my hands where all numb...
"o S#!t, im bent!?" i first thought. how am i gonna explain this..........
come to find out i had been layin on my arms, and. well im sure you have all done that...
I was fine.. but wow..... i woke up fast.. better than coffee.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom