Dry suit flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Col.Maniac

Reaction score
I bought a dry suit last weekend and tried it out today in the pool, Everyting was ok no major problems except it flooded :(.
Any one know how to aviod this? It is a membrane suit with rubber cuffs and neck seal, the cuffs are ok as they are long ( grip about 3" of my wrist).
Both are quiet tight if not over tight, waters getting in some where :(.
Thanks tony

Mix up some dish soap and water then blosk the wrist seals with soda bottles and the neck with a coffee can and inflate your suit...

You will be able to find the leak and seal it up...

Jeff Lane

Be sure to inspect your wrist seals and neck seals for any rips or tears.

You can block off the wrist and neck seals with tuppereware,cups, etc, close the zipper and fill the suit with air. Listen for leaks and spray the suit with soapy water such as dishwashing detergent and look for bubbles.

You can also do the same except fill the suit with water and see where the water leaks out at. Hopefully its not your zipper as they are very expensive to replace.

Seal off the neck and wrist seals with rubberbands. Zip shut and fill with air. Place it in the bath tub or pool and look for bubbles.

Some times it is easier if you turn the suit inside out you can then mark the leak and fix when dry.

Hallmac

If it's new there is no reason for it to be leaking unless the seals are too large for you.

If it's used, find the leak and fix it. But if it's new merchandise, it should not be leaking. It should not be your problem.

HI, thanks for the replies, il check it for leaks, its a brand new suit so repairs should not be a problem, the seals on it are quiet tight ( neck and wrists) if any thing they need taking out a bit :),
i did check every thing whe i put it on is zip done up inflator ok etc
what i forgot to metion sorry late nights again :( is i was dry for the 1st 20 min then i felt a squelching feeling in my boot,

So how much water actually got in the suit. What brand of suit is it. Is it self entry or back entry and does it have built on boots or neoprene booties. Are you sure the zipper was done up all the way. Keep us informed :D

Two Questions.

Is it a suit with the new apex low profile exhaust. Did you leave the exhaust valve completely open?

Hallmac

hi,
answer to questions-
Is it a suit with the new apex low profile exhaust. Did you leave the exhaust valve completely open? Sorry dont know the answer to that one all i can say its a azdry suit the next one down to the top of the range one. This is my first dry suit so I dont know much about em :(. It has got a wrist dump.

So how much water actually got in the suit? I only wore a T shirt and shorts, hot swimming pool :) T shirt was dripping wet I had to towel off, my body soaked up most of the water in it. probably about a pint of water, i was in it for a good 1 1/2 hrs hard to tell how much

What brand of suit is it? Its an azdry suit.

Is it self entry or back entry and does it have built on boots or neoprene booties? It has a back entry zip and built on boots

Are you sure the zipper was done up all the way? most defiantly I checked it my self straight after some one zipped me up

It sound to me like you need to take it back to wherever you bought it from and get them to sort it out.

If it has leaked from day one, then it is not fit for purpose.

I would start by going back to the shop and asking nicely. If that fails I would start with the Sale of Goods Act (1979), but only if the shop won't play ball.

Dom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom