Dry Suit Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no experience with dry suit hoses or equipment installation... So, with that being said, is there any concern that you might accidentally cross thread the hose or cause any premature wear to the threads or seals?

Dan

Cross threading is always a risk and frequent swapping will eventually take a toll on the threads. Done with proper care neither is huge risk but with the life span of a 1st stage you want to think twice before constantly running in and out of brass ports.

In the end of a judgment call. Diving with an extra hose is an extra set of failure points and you do need to be sure to not make a mess of the exposed drysuit QD. Travel weight speaks for its self these days.

Pete

I zip tie it off to my LP inflator hose so it is out of the way. Even if I am on a warm water trip I will leave it on because it is pretty unobtrusive and it is one more thing to lose if I take it off.

You could also just tuck it under the bicycle tubing on your corrugated BC/wing hose. I began diving dry after 800 wetsuit dives in SoCal and have no plans to ever dive wet again. :)

My drysuit hose is substantially longer than my wing's corrugated hose.

Isn't that a perfect reason to buy a new reg?

-- sorry, I'm trying to get my gear acquisition syndrome under control . . .

I took it off when I went to Honduras for two weeks. I've also forgotten to re-attach it other times, but fortunately had it and the wrench. It really depends on how often you need to change it, how likely you are to forget it or mess it up, and how comfortable you are doing the work and carrying the extra stuff.

Or, like a friend of mine used to say, "Six of one, seven of the other."

I use those velco strips for elect. wiring to secure it to my other LP hose. I stick a tire infaltor in the coupling to protect it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom