dry suit question????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wazza

Reaction score
What do u think is one of the best dry suit ?
and what is yours how much did u pay for it?
And what about the dive rite ones is it good
or average or what if the answer is no what
are the disadvantages then ?
and do u think the P valve is that important or
u can live with out it? any other specification
you can ask for in a dry suit . and does the suit
better with the hood including the suit or apart?
Thanks for the help

here divers that have dry suits without p-valves where adult diapers, like depends.

I just purchased a DUI CLx-450 Signature Series Drysuit. It cost about $2200 US with a P-valve installed and PADI dry-suit training included. Based on my research it’s the best suit you can buy without going crazy. So far, I’m happy with it but I’ve only been to the pool. I’ve also ordered a DC dry glove system that was an additional $140.

It comes with a separate hood that looks like it will work really well yet allow me to take it off if the water is warm.

You can certainly get a drysuit for a lot less but I figured if I’m going to spend $1500 dollars anyway I might as well spend a little extra to get a custom suit with all the options I want including a pee-valve, pockets etcetera.

I’d seen enough drysuit divers do the “I gotta pee dance” to know I wanted a pee valve. Could have saved a little money by installing it myself but this way if it leaks I know who to blame and it’s under warranty. Diapers are not an option as far as I’m concerned.

Mike

It comes with a separate hood that looks like it will work really well yet allow me to take it off if the water is warm.

If so, it does work really well...I have had it in 39 degree water for a short dive and 44 degree water for about an hour long dive and my head/neck were not cold..

O-ring once bubbled...

If so, it does work really well...I have had it in 39 degree water for a short dive and 44 degree water for about an hour long dive and my head/neck were not cold..

Yeah, It's the one they call the warm neck self-venting hood. It seems to integrate really well with the warm neck collar. Mask replacement might be a bit of a challenge since the hood opening is slightly smaller than my mask seal, guess I’ll have to try it and trim the hood if necessary.

My only complaint of about the hood is the dorky looking logo on top. I guess I should look on the bright side; I can now be identified as having a DUI hood from low flying planes and helicopters.

Mike

MikeS once bubbled...

Yeah, It's the one they call the warm neck self-venting hood. It seems to integrate really well with the warm neck collar. Mask replacement might be a bit of a challenge since the hood opening is slightly smaller than my mask seal, guess I’ll have to try it and trim the hood if necessary.

My only complaint of about the hood is the dorky looking logo on top. I guess I should look on the bright side; I can now be identified as having a DUI hood from low flying planes and helicopters.

Mike
It is a nice hood...the smooth stuff on the facial area makes a pretty good seal. Mask removal and replacement isn't too bad...you just do it as normal and then slip your fingers around the perimeter of the face opening to clear any of the hood material you trapped in your mask.

I posted the question out side by mistake what about the Dive Rite suit ?

Ring

? is the warm neck hood is it a dry hood ? or a wet hood with limited water flow?

Scubatooth once bubbled...
Ring

? is the warm neck hood is it a dry hood ? or a wet hood with limited water flow?
..but it is really flexible and has a weird smooth surface near the face to seal. I have a couple Henderson Gold Core hoods and I find the DUI warmer.

wazza once bubbled...
What do u think is one of the best dry suit ?

Anything other than mine. Mine needs to be dipped in a vat of aquaseal periodically.

And what about the dive rite ones is it good or average or what if the answer is no what are the disadvantages then ?

Do a search for diverite 905. I recently asked a question about this.

and do u think the P valve is that important or u can live with out it? any other specification you can ask for in a dry suit .

I have never had a problem. When I dive dry, the urge to purge is greatly reduced. I just "go" before the dive and I'm fine. However, I don't do long exposures -- 60 mins at the most. Any more than that, and I think a pee-valve would be prudent.

Back
Top Bottom