dry suit question????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just ordered a Bare ATR HD. Also got with the suit a Halcyon balanced P valve, Bare CT 200 undies, Diving Concepts dry gloves and rings, and the Bare Tech Dry hood. All for $1300US.

And the suit for that price was available for custom fit at no extra charge. Haven't recieved it yet but ass soon as I get into the water I'll reporet back what I think about it.

I can't say what dry suit is best, didn't go out to buy the best one, just one I could afford.

I have a Viking Xtreme that I got from Bob3 from here on the board for around $650.00. It doesn't have a pee valve, but I have been holding my water for a long time and expect I can do it when in a drysuit too. If this becomes a problem, to add a pee valve is not a big deal.

The suit I have, came with a dry hood system that seals around your face, and a neck seal too. Also, an insulated beanie to wear under the hood in cold water.

I haven't had the suit wet yet, so I can't tell you how well this all works. I believe Bob3 when he says it's a good suit, it certainly fits well and appears to be of good quality. However, it is not nearly as nice as a $2200 suit, I'm sure. However, diving is a hobby for me, not a job, and I doubt that I'll every wear out the $650.00 suit, so the $2200 suit seemed to be a bit too expensive for me. I don't have $2200 in my entire rig, including the suit.

Hope this is a help...

i have the CLX450 Custom with all the options minus the warmneck hood, i do fine with a standard trimmed down hood.

As for whcih is the best its all relative. What type of diving are you doing and how much can you spend are the tops issues.

There are plenty of great suits under $1000 it just depends on what you want the suit for and if your a stock or custom size.

Andy

My first suit was a Viking and it was good to me. It didnt have some options i wanted so thats the reason i went for the DUI, that and i got a sweet price, this time.

Ok so a dry suit for dive like 10 to 15c temperature
and for trimix dives like 100+m and dive time starting
form 60minutes to 150minutes .
Now what do u think u need as a suit
And thanks again for all the one who replied..
:wacko:
i never did dives in cold water yet, and i think its
about time. so just need to be in the image what is
going to be, i dont want to do it ones and froget
about it, i need to go on with it, after all its my job.

wazza once bubbled...
Ok so a dry suit for dive like 10 to 15c temperature
and for trimix dives like 100+m and dive time starting
form 60minutes to 150minutes .
Now what do u think u need as a suit
And thanks again for all the one who replied..
:wacko:
i never did dives in cold water yet, and i think its
about time. so just need to be in the image what is
going to be, i dont want to do it ones and froget
about it, i need to go on with it, after all its my job.
A decent undergarment, a p-valve, any decent drysuit, an argon bottle (or airgon), and a heck of a lot of training and experience if you are really asking about 100+ meters...

any DUI will do you fine. If you are an irregular size I Suggest getting a Signature series - custom fit. The Weezle underwear compliment the suit nice. They might seem a bit bulky, but they compress very easily. We dive the extreme elements all year long in Canada. Tobermory in July is 32 degrees after 100' and we all stay toasty warm.

gatorboy once bubbled...
hey O-Ring have you done a tri-mix course yet?
..I just have my checkout dives to do..

I dive with guys who dive over 300'. They all use the same set-up that I have. That's why I bought it, because it works! These guys are so enthusiastic about deep diving, they have to be comfortable when you have 78 minutes of deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom