Dry suit repairs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Maas

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good repair shop?

The projects I'm thinking about are:
1. Remove ankle seals from shell type suit and add boots.
2. Make legs longer on a Neoprene suit, maybe change boots at the same time.
3. Replace neoprene neck seal with latex on neoprene suit.
4. Replace neoprene wrist seals wit latex on another neoprene suit.

I also need the parts and might do some of the work myself(I'd do it all if I knew how).

lal176,
Thanks for the tip. I contacted Mark at Superior Diving Repair and he was friendly and helpful.
I sent two suits off to him and I'll let you all know how they turn out.
Thanks again,
Mike

My two drysuits came back today and a variety of repairs were done to my extreme satisfaction.
New wrist seals, neck seals, and added a pair of suspenders. They also added 5" of length to the legs of one suit as well as resealing every seam on the other suit. They tore off the old crumby tape seams, which were half falling off anyway, and added some kind of tough rubbery stuff instead, then presure tested and repaired some leaks.
It's like having two brand new drysuits. :D

How about giving us some idea of cost for the repairs? A breakdown would be especially helpful.

I've never seen anybody do a better job then Steve Gamble. http://www.gamblescuba.com/ He's a really nice guy and easy to deal with.

Neo. neck seal $54 installed.
Neo. wrist seals $48/ pair installed.
Suspenders $45.
Add 5" length to legs $45.
Reseal suit seams $100.
Test/evaluate both suits $45
Shipping /handling $15
Total repair and alterations for both suits was $431.

All the work looks very professional, you can't tell what was done at the factory from the alterations. It looks like the glue and stich the seam and then add a seal to the inside.

Some dry suits like the Dive Rite 905 suit have those ugly built on boots. I personally dive with Seasoft Boots, the ones with the athletic type footsole; they are awesome boots.

Is there anyway for these guys from Gamble or DrysuitRepair can maybe remove the boots on a dry suit, install a neoprene sock, and still have it fit in a regular wetsuit booty?

I used to dive in an Andy's Dry Suit, and since then have really hated using any dry suit with a built on boot. I think the neoprene sock is nice, but it would have to still fit in that full sole dive booty and still be waterproof.

Any ideas guys?:)

Biggest reason is that built in dry suit boots will not fit in my Scubapro Jet Fins, and I definitely don't like those DUI type Turbo Soles, because I also do beach dives, and do a lot of rock entries.

Back
Top Bottom