Dry suit undergarments.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all I've just returned too diving after an eleven year surface interval and am replaceing all of my old gear. I bought a Whites shellsuit through the buy & sell and now need woolies. James at Gpd recommended the Mobby undergarment. Has anyone here used them and if so are they worth the price?

Skookumchuck:
Hi all I've just returned too diving after an eleven year surface interval and am replaceing all of my old gear. I bought a Whites shellsuit through the buy & sell and now need woolies. James at Gpd recommended the Mobby undergarment. Has anyone here used them and if so are they worth the price?

I'd check out this board for more information, or post this in a better section.

I have a Whites Polarflex (half neoprene, half shell), but it came with a whack-load of woolies that I can use in varying combinations. My dive buddy uses a basic Whites shell (nexus), and it comes with a single heavier fleece wooly. I don't know the name of it, but it works fairly well. She gets a bit cold in the winter in sub-40C water, but nothing to slow us down. Of course, her problem could be that her hood doesn't fit well, and thus losing heat that way.

- ChillyWaters

I just got back from a trip to Nanaimo and was comfortable the whole time I was there. I was wearing an Apollo neoprene suit with 200G weasle wear. It did seem a bit cooler while diving the Saskatchewan, but on the assent I warmer back up and was fine during the surface interval.

The whites system is the MK2, with the thin layer being the MK1... I have found the 2 peice MK2 set to be enough for your average dive, much more than an hour and I am VERY ready to get out of the water though. The nicest part is being able to mix and match a bit, it's super easy to wear a little less fleece come summer time.

Don’t waste your money on the white system MK1 and mk2 they're garbage. I got mine for free because I dove for the navy and I don’t even wear mine. What I use is a Helly Hansen one piece. I deco dive over a hour long and I never get cold with it. I paid just over $ 80.00. its a good piece of kit. You dont need to buy your undergarment in a dive shop unless you got money to burn. Keep your money to dive. See you in the water.

Actually a buddy there uses a Helly Hansen one piece too and he's happy with it. I just picked up a Weezle extreme and it's pretty sweet, nice and warm. Some of the waters here in Sweden are colder than what I was diving in Vancouver, and it's nice to have the warmth. Not sure where you can check them out, might try Alix at BC Dive & Kayak.

the more I dive, the colder I get. Just not working as hard anymore. A 400W DUI and I'm still getting chilled. Next is an otterbay wetuit 10mm hood :D

bcsean:
the more I dive, the colder I get. Just not working as hard anymore. A 400W DUI and I'm still getting chilled. Next is an otterbay wetuit 10mm hood :D

I'm always cold here.

They have 10mm hoods??? WHERE? I think i need one of those.

http://www.otterbaysuits.com/

Send them an email, they'll send you a fax or email of a picture of a hood. Fill out appropriate dimensions and wait. I've heard nothing but great reviews about these guys. Not entirely sure why I haven't ordered one yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom