Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a "custom" TLS 350. All in all I'm pretty happy with it, I dont think the tailoring was that great, I have way too much slop in the back and the socks are a bit too big. I got the zip seals and they work great, the latex seals lasted just over a year and are showing signs that they need to be replaced. I purchased one thigh pocket and regret not getting two! Two details in the design you may want to look at are both regarding the front entry zipper; bottom right of zipper, does it go under your waist band? There is another brand (cant remember wich) that has the zipper kinda sweep up at the end so it doesnt get abuse from the waist band. Other detail is upper left of zipper going under sholder strap. I dont have issue with bottom of zipper as some people do, but upper left can be quite uncomfortable before splashing. Oh yeah buy a P valve!

I bought a used dry suit from a fellow scubaboarder. I've had it for quite some time but never really dove it until yesterday (hey I live in Florida and its been pretty warm). Plus I didn't want to try it out until a fairly simple dive. I can't comment on what suit to pick as I've just dove this one. But after my dive yesterday I'm hooked, I was super comfortable and had no problems with bouyancy control - well it wasn't as good as pre-drysuit - but it wasn't bad either. I do need to add a little more air as I got a couple of drysuit hickeys on my left arm.

downside - Had to order one for my wife. upside - Hopefully more diving as the cold shouldn't be a factor.

I guess the only advice I could give would be good for a shell suit versus neoprene, but again I've never dove one. I just like the ability to control warmth via undergarments inside the shell suit versus the neoprene models. Shell suits also dry much faster.

Good luck and have fun, I know you will once you experience dry diving.

scuba gear: expensive
scuba gear for 2: twice as expensive
having a permanent dive buddy: priceless

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom