Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my new Pinnacle Evolution 2. This suit is freaking rugged. I used to have a DUI and it was a great suit but it just couldnt hold up to the abuse i gave it spearfishing. My new Pinnacle looks like it should suit my needs just fine. The down side is this suit is kinda bulky and heavy. But hey all the rest of my gear is heavy so i really dont care.

Matt S.:
It was said earlier that you should try not to become paralyzed by information overload and all the choices. That's very good advice, IMHO. If I didn't make an effort to avoid it myself, I'd STILL be shopping instead of diving.

I would also advise you to look at used suits and closeouts. You can save a lot of money that way. Once you get SOME kind of suit and learn to use it, you can make a MUCH more informed decision about your next uber-custom purchase with all the goodies.
I can't agree enough with this thought. Find a used one as cheap as possible here on SB or on eBay. The only thing that matters is fit (may have to either take a gamble based on sizing charts or rent one to learn your real size). Consider it your "first drysuit", dive in it enough to learn what you like and don't like. My drysuit keeps me dry, and I've learned how to dive a drysuit in it. It's a cheap shell suit with a back entry zipper, no suspenders and no pockets. My next suit will have front zipper, suspenders and pockets without a doubt. I've learned latex seals don't bother me in the slightest, because those things really bother me (the zipper less so than the others, but may as well have the options of self-don/doff this time around). I paid a whopping $400 for it. When I sell my drysuit (probably for about the same I paid for it, as long as it's still in good shape), probably early next year, I'll know exactly what to look for in my next suit without needing to take other people's word for what *I* will like best in a drysuit. And I'll have about $400 to put towards the next suit. :D

I've got a Viking Xtreme and the thing I like most about it is the attached latex hood. I can get out of the water and my head is completely dry--what's the point of diving dry if your hair gets wet?

FIT is a very important consideration, take that from someone who dealt with an ill-fitting drysuit for far too long. I can tell you that a suit that's too big will make your life miserable. I was ready to start diving naked in 40 degree water because I had so many problems with my drysuit.

Happy shopping!
FYI, Bob3 here on the board is a Viking dealer and he takes good care of you.
Ber :lilbunny:

A slightly different question:

Does anybody have any first hand knowledge about the new "warm water dry suits"?

I saw an ad the other day for one that supposedly was designed for the Carribbean, Hawaii and such water temperatures. It trumpeted lighter materials, easier to pack because it takes up less space and weight than a wet suit and so forth.

Anybody have the scoop on this?

ArcticDiver:
A slightly different question:

Does anybody have any first hand knowledge about the new "warm water dry suits"?

Anybody have the scoop on this?

My buddy has the White's and loves it. I'm going for the DUI 30/30 personally.

Plan to use it for an upcoming Cayman liveaboard trip.

Search 30/30 on this forum for a review or two on the DUI.

I have one that an Instructor is taking to the Keys from dec. 26-2nd....He is going to do a complete write up on the Whites tropical drysuit. Someone did a writeup on the DUI 30/30 as well......I personally dont know how well they work or if you get overheated, but I will after the 2nd....and I will post the writeup on here :D

Mike

Super

I'll look forward to reading about your opinions. Traveling as much as I do IF they live up to their hype the money would be well spent.

RJP:
My buddy has the White's and loves it. I'm going for the DUI 30/30 personally.

Plan to use it for an upcoming Cayman liveaboard trip.

Search 30/30 on this forum for a review or two on the DUI.

I searched "30/30" and "dui 30/30" with "No Matches Found".

More guidance for this poor blind person please.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom