Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limeyx:
Do you really like the dump valve high on the shoulder? Seems that it would be hard to make that the highest point when dumping?

I prefer it outside of arm near the elbow, which works great for me.
Cuff dump for me.

I dive a DUI TLS350 and I can not say enough good about it. Brands aside I would recommend a trilaminate suit. I would recommend pockets, I did not see the need for them when I bought my suit so I did not pay the extra for them, I now see the usefulness and will be getting at least one. I would definately recommend a front zip suit. I have the rock boots and like them, pretty rugged and a lot of my diving involves getting there. A relief zipper may not be a bad idea. I have latex seals and my buddies both have neoprene, after watching them struggle I would recommend latex. I dive with Mares fins and Tusa splits and both of them fit the rock boots. I think a pee valve would aslo be a nice addition. Good luck, there are many nice suits out there.

There is only one suit to consider - DUI.

I said this because I will be featured on their site sometime in the near future.:D

In all seriousness there are many, many brands and types to suit the finickiest of divers. If you are looking for a total bargain you might want to consider Bare and the occasional trilam Dacor model. In fact I think Scubatoys had one or two at one point or another.

Personally, I have four drysuits which I use. The easiest to put on and off, travel and swims the fastest is the trilam variety. For tough stuff I use DUI's CFX. For dirty stuff I used a vulcanized Gates suit.

X

Mr.X:
There is only one suit to consider - DUI.

I said this because I will be featured on their site sometime in the near future.:D

In all seriousness there are many, many brands and types to suit the finickiest of divers. If you are looking for a total bargain you might want to consider Bare and the occasional trilam Dacor model. In fact I think Scubatoys had one or two at one point or another.

Personally, I have four drysuits which I use. The easiest to put on and off, travel and swims the fastest is the trilam variety. For tough stuff I used DUI's CFX. For dirty stuff I used a vulcanized Gates suit.

X
DUI makes some nice suits. I have a custom 350 for a backup suit.

If I was only going to have 1 suit it would be a 450. The 350 just isn't tough enough, but it is a nice travel suit because its so light. The CF200 I find is to heavy.

I have the CLX 450 as a personal suit and want the TLS 350 for a personal suit. I think the 450 is just slightly less comfortable than the 350. I don't think I will run into a problem with durability with the 350. The Bare trilams look pretty good too at a decent price. I have some friends diving the diverite and seem to like it ok, it is pretty affordable as well.

Brent

It was said earlier that you should try not to become paralyzed by information overload and all the choices. That's very good advice, IMHO. If I didn't make an effort to avoid it myself, I'd STILL be shopping instead of diving.

I would also advise you to look at used suits and closeouts. You can save a lot of money that way. Once you get SOME kind of suit and learn to use it, you can make a MUCH more informed decision about your next uber-custom purchase with all the goodies.

As to the seals, in my (limited) experience latex wrist seals are great. On the neck, I have neoprene and it's very comfortable, warm, and dry. My wife has a latex neck seal and it seems to be just as dry but less comfortable.

I have the Bare NexGen 200Z and love it. The only thing I would change would be to move to a front zipper model, this one is the rear zipper. It has latex seals, neoprene boots and a forarm mounted dump (like has been described before. It is trilam and I find it very flexible and comfortable.

Take a look at www.divetank.com

Mike

When it is all said and done remember that you are not getting married to the thing. Take you best shot at something and go diving. If you can first dive some rental/demos then do that. At worst you get andother and put the first up for sale.

JeffG:
DUI makes some nice suits. I have a custom 350 for a backup suit.

If I was only going to have 1 suit it would be a 450. The 350 just isn't tough enough, but it is a nice travel suit because its so light. The CF200 I find is to heavy.

The CF takes forever to dry too. However, an added benefit is when you leave the older black nylon models outside they turn a nice chocolate brown over time. People in them look like walking gingerbread men!

X

The CF200x does take forever to dry. But it holds up.
I'm getting a 2nd drysuit in a trilam though for times when weight and fast drying are nessecary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom