drying out wet suit and booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With boots buy a roll of paper towels and stuff inside the boot to wick away the moisture. Change the towels when they are wet.

Finally a sensible answer to the problem. I do it on the cheap and use crumpled up sheets of newspaper stuffed into the booties........and the carbon print deodorizes at the same time. :wink:

It looks like the Kickstart campaign is dead. They didn't get enough funding. Bummer. It looks cool.

But, my HangAir is still working like new and it's about 15 years old now. I used it for drying my leathers, when I was racing motorcycles, long before I started diving. It doesn't dry my wetsuit in 18 minutes, but it does easily dry it overnight.

Has anyone seen this drier? It may still be a kickstarter project but it looks like an alternative to the Hangair that is more portable. Blawesome Compact Wetsuit Dryer - Best Wetsuit Dryer

I backed it. Didn't get enough pledges but their latest update said they've changed the design a bit and will be back on kickstarter with their next version. If it's the same thing, I'll back again. I like the small size and the fact that it's sort of packable.

OK, here's a low tech solution for you that I came up with for my 5mm suit at a Mexico resort on a rainy day.

The resort featured unlimited pool towels. You traded them in when they got wet. I surrounded the wetsuit with towels and walked on it until the towels were wet, traded them in for new ones, and did it again. I think it only took three sets of large beach towels to do the job. It was surprisingly dry when I was done.

OK, here's a low tech solution for you that I came up with for my 5mm suit at a Mexico resort on a rainy day.

The resort featured unlimited pool towels. You traded them in when they got wet. I surrounded the wetsuit with towels and walked on it until the towels were wet, traded them in for new ones, and did it again. I think it only took three sets of large beach towels to do the job. It was surprisingly dry when I was done.
Genius!

I have done something similar with a giant microfibre hiking towel (weighs <300grams and packs up extremely small) that I generally carry when away. Soaks up a huge amount of water, is easy to wring out and dries a lot quicker than a regular towel. Bring a zip lock bag to keep the towel (possibly still slightly damp) in once used.

We have one bag that we check on airlines that has all of our equipment minus computers/1st and 2nd stages. Many good suggestions above. I also throw in a couple of large garbage bags into the suitcase so when we are flying back whatever residual water we can't get out of the equipment doesn't soak the luggage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom