Drysuit Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I tried the NRSs I found them to be pretty narrow. I have a wider foot so a hard NO for me. You said you have wide feet, so ...
That's interesting. I consider myself to have wide feet. Most regular tennis shoes I end up a size up just for more room (13). I didn't find the NRS to be too narrow.. but again I would like to try a size down as I had more room in the front than I'd like. The 12 might feel too tight on the sides, Idk.

That far exceeds what I'd like to put on my feet. (I don't spend that much walking around on a day to day:)) I think my realistic budget is somewhere around $60 or so unless something really jumped out.

Maybe I should be less cheap. Thanks for all the suggestions though!!

When I tried the NRSs I found them to be pretty narrow. I have a wider foot so a hard NO for me. You said you have wide feet, so ...
Same here.

I like the Deep6 thick 5mm boots you posted in post #9 for diving wet, they work really well. But for diving dry, they're overkill, and very floaty. The regular 3mm Deep6 boots work great for diving dry, where all I really want is a boot with a grippy sole and that it be easy to put on. At $35 they're a bargain if you ask me.

I have high arches and wear a size 9.5 EE in normal shoes. If I dive with thin wool ski socks and my drysuit's crushed neoprene socks, the 3mm Deep6 size 11 fits perfect. They're out of stock for smaller sizes, but sizes 12, 13, 14 are in stock, sounds like you need something around there. I have an unused pair of size 12 laying around gathering dust, PM me if interested, I'll send them for the cost of shipping via Venmo.

I used a pair of these just today, it’s a one time thing and they should last through your next 5 suits.

scour the net and you’ll find them cheaper but the is a shortage at the moment

I used a pair of these just today, it’s a one time thing and they should last through your next 5 suits.

scour the net and you’ll find them cheaper but the is a shortage at the moment
You liked them?

You liked them?
I like each set for different things, when you need size 15 you buy them when you see them, for drysuit use I have those with the XL Recon I have these, the Hollis and some DUI, both good simple boots that are easy to put one once I dumped the laces, I need to remove the top eyelets on the DUI (on the left)
F649E941-E7AA-4D92-858A-2A5C6F0541C9.jpeg

these Hollis are good, just like some pinnacle I’ve had for 10+ years, I also need to get rid of the top laces
2A77047C-6DDE-43B8-99DD-E507F776EAFB.jpeg

those last boots are slim so the also work with the size large recon but I usually use these converse
93672CD3-C1F9-46BB-A1F3-998759A8AC5E.jpeg

I also have these Altima that I use from time to time in more tropical situations, the are a bit floaty but fit sherwood tritons
7A6CCEC1-5668-4276-8B3B-98079C93E59B.jpeg

once again while I don’t understand the people who get by or only want one of something but I do envy them some times :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom