Drysuit Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hated dui rock boots, to wide and no ankle support.

Other than some Medical reason why do you need ankle support?

Bad knees and shore diving

Bad knees and shore diving
I have one bad knee and one replacement, I’m old, and mostly shore dive, you may only need a better fin. The DUI boot is wide so it does limit what fins I can use them one but they are a solid boot, even the Hollis I showed came with crazy wide soles, I just ground them down.

I have one bad knee and one replacement, I’m old, and mostly shore dive, you may only need a better fin. The DUI boot is wide so it does limit what fins I can use them one but they are a solid boot, even the Hollis I showed came with crazy wide soles, I just ground them down.

Fins have nothing to do with walking on shore geared up. Better ankle support means less strain on the knees and less chances of rolling a ankle on the rocks while wearing a lot of heavy gear. I'll stick with high ankle support boots.

Fins have nothing to do with walking on shore geared up. Better ankle support means less strain on the knees and less chances of rolling an ankle on the rocks while wearing a lot of heavy gear. I'll stick with high ankle support boots.
Cool, you do you, change is hard:wink:

I like each set for different things, when you need size 15 you buy them when you see them, for drysuit use I have those with the XL Recon I have these, the Hollis and some DUI, both good simple boots that are easy to put one once I dumped the laces, I need to remove the top eyelets on the DUI (on the left)
View attachment 756965
these Hollis are good, just like some pinnacle I’ve had for 10+ years, I also need to get rid of the top laces
View attachment 756966
those last boots are slim so the also work with the size large recon but I usually use these converse
View attachment 756967
I also have these Altima that I use from time to time in more tropical situations, the are a bit floaty but fit sherwood tritons
View attachment 756968
once again while I don’t understand the people who get by or only want one of something but I do envy them some times :wink:
Finelda Marcos?

Cool, you do you, change is hard:wink:

Not really, started with the rock boots, tried integrated, and then the aqualung ones. The aqualung ones are the best of those for me since they work well no need to spend money on anything else.

But if one piece was perfect for everyone then the rest would go away. Personal fit and preferences are key.

Haven't found them in my size but the Typhoon rock boots look promising.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom