Drysuit choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divindave:
PS Check out "The Deco Stop", its this sites twin but it seems to have more info on what you're looking for.

And while we're busting misconceptions - the Deco Stop and Scubaboard are owned be completely different people altogether and have nothing to do with each other.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

You know you want the Bare.... buy it :)

Mine should be here in roughly two weeks. We need to go test them out up at Cape Ann. Cathedral Rocks is calling.

Divindave:
. Next, I hate to burst any bubble or be the bearer of bad news but I think you have been looking at the DC Z Flex

Yup you are right, initially the suit I saw was the Z-Flex, and that is the suit that was $1200. However, I did see the real Ultraflex after I realized my mistake and it was indeed a bit more expensive.

I am 95% percent certain I am getting the Bare ATR HD at this point. I saw one that was not my size and I really liked it. Very well constructed and lots of nice design features. Plus the local shop is giving me a good deal on it. I was able to negotiate the price with them.

The only reason I am not 100% sure is that I haven't actually gotten to try one on yet. However, I am an extremely close match for sizing chart info on the large-tall size so it might as well be a custom. The shop ordered one for me try, and if it fits me well I will be buying that suit. They ordered it about 3 weeks ago, so it should be coming in very soon. Unfortunately they did warn me that Bare is notoriously slow in shipping suits.

v_1matst:
You know you want the Bare.... buy it :)

Mine should be here in roughly two weeks. We need to go test them out up at Cape Ann. Cathedral Rocks is calling.

You better not get your suit before me! :wink:

Well, the choice is made!

I got the Bare ATR HD with Trek Boots. Dove it twice today and it is a great suit. The large tall size fits me like a glove. I admit I only have 2 dives on it, so this is hardly a complete evaluation, but so far definite thumbs up.

Back
Top Bottom