Drysuit Class Yes Or No?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLTEKDIVER once bubbled...

(of Course salt you need about 4 lbs less then fresh
????? You need more weight for Salt Water.

but 0 lbs to 20 + ??? geez, i normally dive a 3 mm wetsuit, going to a 7mm dry, i cant belive how much differnce there is.
Yep, Big Difference. 20 lbs would be in the ball park.

I actually did hear of grabing your Knees, pulling them tight to your cheast, and fliping over, and it will move the air from your feet to the top, where you can bleed the excess air out.
Or You could just kick your feet

Is there any (Dry Suit Tricks) I should know about? Like adding an extra bleed valve.....or an automatic one.....
Not required

and pointers in not letting the air get into your feet? Any more help will be appreciated......But im diving dry and staying warm for the first time!!! I felt Great!!
PS how do i keep my feet from traping air and keep getting igher then my head?
Practice makes perfect.

Yes i did kick my feet to keep bringing them down below my head, but when my body was horazontal, my profile was my feet keep rising above my body, and kept my like arched almost in a U shaped , do they put valves lower or add anymore for this? Or as i dove it will i just know how to balance the airflow for dissernt positions as i dive? Thanks :)

Yes i did kick my feet to keep bringing them down below my head,
I almost always have my feet above my head... I bend my knees and keep my feet (and fins) up while the rest of my body is horizontal. On ascent every so often I drop my feet a bit to move expanding gas up and forward to dump.

You are probably still diving with too much gas in your suit if you can feel it moving toward your feet and you feel the suit loosen up.

Just to get a feel for how snug the suit should be wade out into the water (without your rig on) holding your neck seal open to let all the air escape (but don't go so far as to flood the suit. :D ) Let you neck seal go and walk back out of the water.

That is the level of snugness that I like to maintain during the dive. Whenever my suit starts getting a loose I dump.

PS how do i keep my feet from traping air and keep getting higher then my head?

A properly fitting suit boot and proper weighting. That way your feet can go higher than your head but it wont matter as they arent so buoyant you cant get them back down.

Try adjusting the position of your tank to alter your trim too, mount it slightly lower if your feet are rising a bit.

FWIW we're trained to do the knee tuck and roll to get out of an inversion of buoyant inversion simulating something like an inflator jam. Its not difficult. If you feel your feet start to rise and resistance to you swinging your leg down its easier though, just tuck knees into chest and angle slightly head up.

If you're at the surface and inverted, inflating your BC will move you the right way up.

Thats 3 great theads , i will definatley try those approches and see what happens. One thing i kept doing was having to hold the side of a cave entrance and pushing my feet below my body cause they were so bouyant, couldnt imagine doing that without that cave there!! I guess ill have to keep practing and tuck my legs in and let the air shift, im printing out all these great replys for this weekend again praticing with the suit, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom