Drysuit divers need your help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two suits - a Whites Catalyst - a shell suit similar to the DUI in terms of construction - and a Fusion. Since I bought the Fusion I have not got the Catalyst wet. No contest. Just as warm, MUCH easier to get in and out of, MUCH more comfortable to wear on land and MUCH easier to dive in - both from a flexibility perspective and a streamlining perspective. Takes less energy to swim through the water.

No contest between the two IMHO. I suspect the Fusion is a bit easier to damage, but dead simple to repair in the field. I have yet to do any damage and I dive on the West Coast of BC - rocks, mussels are an issue. While the Whites shell suit is bullet proof it is also quite difficult to repair if something does go wrong.

Greybeard,

Take a look at how precision DUI works with making sure additions are fitted. I sent back my suit for SI-tech gloves and these are the photos I took when the suit came back and how they treated me.

Purchasing the suit is one thing, customer services and standing behind your product is another. DUI is beyond great customer services they make you feel like you fly first class all the time when you talk to them.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dui/305976-i-am-seriously-wondering-about-dui.html

Hope that helps out...

MG

Hey TS just FYI we have adjusted the cut on the legs to incorparate larger sizes, as well with the new Fusion Bullet we have installed twin zipper pockets which bellow out allowing extra room for more gear. These new pockets are made from gatortech neoprene with a stiffer pocket flap which allow for easier access. The backside of the pockets have grip technology that allow the pocket to adhere to the drycore to prevent sagging. They also have inner D-rings to secure contents, ans drainage ports to ensure water does not get trapped.

If anyone has any questions about the Fusion please feel free to give me a ring at Whites Manufacturing 1-866-652-8556 ext 227.

Last edited:
Dogfish - What is this fusion bullet you speak of? I don't see it on your website. I only see the fusion sport or technical.

What would it take to get on sent to me to try on? The closest dealer is about 50 miles away.

Dogfish - What is this fusion bullet you speak of? I don't see it on your website. I only see the fusion sport or technical.

What would it take to get on sent to me to try on? The closest dealer is about 50 miles away.

Whites won't send you anything...that's what they have us for :wink:

I don't have any Bullets in my Demo fleet, they just came out and are like a golden egg right now, but I do have Sports, Limited Editions, and tech skins depending on your size. We send suits out ALL THE TIME for people to try on. I guess you didn't see my earlier post in this thread.

Here is a link to a Bullet, there are other packages on our site as well:
Whites Fusion Bullet Drysuit - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

DUI = Dry until immersed, plus you pay through your butt for 3 letters on it.

IMHO there are equal and better suits out there for far less money.
Myself and a few buddies dive Pinnacle suits, if you want something you could build a house in underwater this is it.

My wife and other friend just got fusions. My wife loves it for the flexibility. I have tried the fusion and I will pass on it personally. I like to just put on my bag and jump in. I watched a few people roll up there pantyhose like fusions and it seems like such a PITA.

Thanks for the helping hand on this one Mike. Your right on the money, or the golden egg as you say in this case. The demand has been fantastic so far on the bullet, and were trying our best to keep up with the demand. Production has been running full steam ahead, you should see one in your local dealer soon.

I watched a few people roll up there pantyhose like fusions and it seems like such a PITA.

You know, it's funny, but of all the suits I've owned, by far and away the most difficult to get in and out of was my custom Diving Concepts compressed neo suit. I eventually sold the thing, simply because it was SUCH a pain. Compared with that, the Fusion is a breeze, and if the arms and legs were cut just a tad wider (which Doug says they now are) it would be trivial.

Yeah, when my one buddy suited up for a 32 degree dive in the multi layer MK3 stuff he had a VERY hard time getting the arms and legs in. Almost seemed like the seams where going to bust. One would think if Whites makes the Fusion, and the MK3, they would make sure they fit nice :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom