• Twin Jets

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Jet Fins

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use something else...

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weezle

Reaction score
I have recently begun drysuit diving, and am needing new fins, unfortunately gonna need XL somethings...

Several of the people I dive with recommend the twin jets, but I know that it's easier to skull with paddle fins...and several tech divers at my local hole use the jetfins...

so I'll put up a vote...

I like the jet/turtle fins. In general a conventional fin with the right size and stiffness for you. I know there are other threads that deal with the issue but I have never seen someone using split fins who had real good finning technique. Good tech being defined as max forward movement with min fin motion, dead nuts horizontal trim and zero silting even when inches from the bottom. Don't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Skip the intermediate step and get the Turtles Wheezy....
Especially if you are using rock boots....
Get spring straps too....

Don't get me wrong.... I really like the Jets.... and my very first pair of fins were XL Jets... they just went bye bye and it was a sad parting... but the Turtles just fit my foot better....

The only thing is that the twin jets fit a little bigger...I tried the Jetfins in XL with the spring straps and they kinda crushed my toes...keep talkin..

I really liked the JetFins, my kick was better, for example:

I was hanging around an instructor friend of mines class, and one of the students dropped their mask in about 30 ft of water where there is this tall grass...I sculled upside down in my drysuit to retrieve it, with no problems... then reverse kicked out of it. I dunno...the only deal is that even in XL my toes were smooshed...maybe if I try it with the regular straps...

Originally posted by Weezle
I really liked the JetFins, my kick was better, for example:
Shoot Wheezer... you're not listening... the XXL Jets are called Turtle fins! IDI makes them... I am a Jet fin fan if there ever was one.... and the Turtles are the deal dude....

I use Dacor Tigers. Previously, I had Plana Avantis, but the Tigers had the type of foot pocket that meant I was able to use the same fins with both wet booties and drysuit rock boots. (Before I had to have different fins for wet & dry.)

~SubMariner~

Uncle P., I am stupid!

I hear you loud and clear NOW...

When Mike said he liked the Jets/Turtles - I thought it was the same ol' thing, just a nickname for the jets...I will check 'em out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom