• Twin Jets

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Jet Fins

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use something else...

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leisure pro was 89.95 - I just bought them from covci.com

I paid with paypal and sent an email to them asking them to make sure they shipped them asap, so I can dive this weekend :)

Thanks for all the posts...and the good info.

Joe

I just got my Turtles in today - they look like they *might* have big enough foot pockets lol :thumb:

It took 19 days to get them in from COVCI, but they were in bimini - I guess they are a small shop or something.

Once again, thanks everyone...

Joe

I'll toss in a bit of a twist to this thread.....

I've done 10 dives with my drysuit since it has been returned from being repaired (developed a pin-hole leak on the very first dive). 5 dives were using doubled LP95's, and 5 were using AL80's on an STA.

All were using the new Atomic Split fins.

I've been a fan of splits since I first borrowed a pair of TUSA XOOM's last year. And on the tek LDS's suggestion, I tried the Atomic's. I found that they were very much up to the task of pushing the mass of me, drysuit, lead, and cylinders through the water with ease. And I was very capable of performing various kicks including frog and modified flutter (I am still learning backing up and the helicopter turn).

So if split fins are desired, then I would definitely say that the Atomics are worth investigating.

Whatever model of fins you get make sure you get steel spring straps.

With steel springs you can put a fin on with one hand. You don't have to worry about breaking a strap. They are a great idea and there are many different brands or make them yourself.

Well, I got the twin jets which I use with a drysuit and double 104s and they are better than the Quattros I had. I have not tried the Jets, but with size 13s, my feet would be crushed. I have not tried the Turtles either.

I was going to make the spring straps and ordered the parts before I bought my twinjets. I haven't made the spring straps as the straps that come with the twin jets look much stronger than any other strap on any fin I've seen and don't look like they will break anytime soon. They go on very easily and stay on.

you can ussually find a good deal on a pair of jet fins at ebay , I've seen them as low as 9.95.

I bought a pair of Jet fins, unfortunately they were too tight. Have 2 pairs of Quatros. It probably depends on what suit, my old DUI is pretty high and thus the Quatros are for me.

Quattros do have an ENORMOUS foot pocket. I bought the size "regular" so I could fit my petite size nine dry suit boots in them and they are way big. I might get the size "small" for my wet suit diving thereby preventing my foot from sloping around in the pocket.

Either way the steel springs are the way to go. One hand fin put on, one hand fin take off. Perhaps the greates gift of the D.I.R.

Back
Top Bottom