Drysuit for Monterey Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all,

I got the Bare Nexgen w/ T100 undergarmet from Leisurepro and I've been very happy. I dive 8-10 times a month at least and haven't had any issues at all. I do have to say the shell type suits I tried were restrictive in general, also tried a Mobby's, (much nicer quality than the Bare, but 3x the cost out the door). The neoprene type were more comfortable and flexible. I hate say it but price was a major factor on this one. I don't dive professionally and I have other expensive hobbies... All in all though, $899 for everything was a great deal and I can more easily dive when I have time to kill between appointments with my clients. Breakwater indeed!!

Cheers,

Rob

i stand by what ben said , you get what you pay for, i use the dui tls 350z!! love it, though i have a cheap under garmet and wish i had a better one!! and will soon!!!!

Thanks everyone for your advice. :D

My fiancee and I are getting married really soon (little under 2 weeks). People been asking us where are we registered. We decided to ask people to contribute towards our drysuits. :D Yes - some may think it's tacky. But I rather have a drysuit than a bunch of useless picture frames, towels, etc.

I am diving this weekend. Trying to get in some more practice before I head down to Cozumel for my honeymoon.

BTW - Dolphin is my LDS. Great customer service. :D

I love to complain about my Bare XCD2 Tech at every opportunity. Don't get one.

The T100, combined with the compressed neoprene suit, is almost warm enough for Monterey. With argon and a 12mm Otter Bay hood, definitely warm enough.

Lots of options out there. They say fit is everything. Have fun shopping.

This is a very interesting thread for me to follow--more interesting than most readers would ever guess! I am a long-time user of DUI drysuits, and I will admit to being a very satisfied customer. But I'm also a dive store owner, and I am determined to begin stocking and selling a line of dry suits which I honestly believe represent the best value for my customers. I've already spent a lot of time researching the Bare product line, and for the past couple of days have been digging into Diving Concepts. I now think I know the whole story there. Next comes the task of working with the DUI sales rep to see what the options are with them. Because I've personally been a happy DUI customer, the odds would seem to be in their favor. But I've also made a point of interviewing all the people who come through my shop on a regular basis to see what they like, and I'll have to admit the vote has been running in favor of Diving Concepts. That vote got me to sit up and pay attention!

At any rate, please keep the comments coming. I want to stock and sell what I find represents the best long-term value for my customers. And the more experience stories I can read here, the better the decision I will be able to make. So please...keep the opinions coming!

This kinda mirrors the Breakwater thread... but another thing I like about the Breakwater is if you are doing any type of research.... ie looking at a particular BC, Drysuit ect piece of gear you can find it almost any weekend at the BW... so just walk up and ask ...

Most divers are friendly and do not mind sharing their experience and might even offer you a try at theirs.

Well, most drysuit divers at the BW are instructors diving a suit their shop sells ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom