drysuit gaiters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beyond_Diving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know there was a thread about this, but it died way back in 07, so instead of resurrecting an old thread, I thought I'd post my idea for drysuit gaiters. I bought a pair of neoprene knee wraps (wilson makes them, so doe McDavid) at the local sporting goods store.
mcdavid409.gif

Then I just wrap them around the calf, and voila.. works just as well as the ones with the blue H, and cost about 1/5th as much. Since they arenot like a knee brace that you slide your leg into, rather you wrap them around your leg, they work perfectly. give them a try if you're looking for inexpensive gaiter alternatives.

I think this is a great idea indeed ! I was wondering if gaiters could be useful or not. I never felt like I should buy them as I never experienced any issues (but I only have ~15 dives dry), I know my buddy back in Europe did have major issues with air caught in the feet... I will let him know !! Might even buy him a pair and send him for Santa :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom