Drysuit Glove Fixing at SI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rob.mwpropane These are fairly ubiquitous with divers here. I buy by bag of 10. https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/GLOVES-HVY-WT-XL-SZ-9-5/p/SMDG17K9.5

I used atlas 660, but have been buying no name blue gloves from Home Depot, walmart, any where really… for years. So i don’t aquaseal those, just replace. I do aquaseal my zip zip gloves which are blue vinyl. I use aquaseal inside and out. Buy small paint brushes from dollar store.
Awesome. Thank you.

How long do you wait for aquaseal?

I think aquaseal is probably the answer. I just didn't know if there was something else. It would help if I mentioned that this was an oyster dive, so grabbing sharp "rocks" on the bottom.

There is a accelerator for Aquaseal (Cotol)
Likely to disappear in thin air when kept unattended in dive kit.

Awesome. Thank you.

I think aquaseal is probably the answer. I just didn't know if there was something else. It would help if I mentioned that this was an oyster dive, so grabbing sharp "rocks" on the bottom.
For sharp rocks as a norm I would switch to better gloves, like 3416.

I like the idea of the pull over for a temporary fix, I have these
F59239F4-88A4-4F3A-AC56-963FE9D0A2C6.jpeg
6E2B1200-731D-4787-A82A-7E1DB66982BD.jpeg

which pulled over my 3415 gloves, a bit snug but that is probably best, I’m going to toss them in my drysuit gear bag.

Awesome. Thank you.

Until its dry. My spares have spares… i just swap out to another zip glove, probably in the repaired pile. Multi day trips i just pack extra gloves to zip on or install on rings.

Am I the only one wondering why you didn’t just switch out for a new glove?
Probably not. That was my go to.. but I looked and I think I was diving my spares as I couldn't find them. So it had me thinking what's the best way to fix a pin hole a d if it could be done easily / quickly.

I do need to order more, might even pick up some 3416 for these types of dives. I sure do wish dry glove manufacturers would sell just the glove side. It's not impossible to change, but would be nice to have another set loaded and ready (for less than the cost of an entire new set of dry gloves).

Probably not. That was my go to.. but I looked and I think I was diving my spares as I couldn't find them. So it had me thinking what's the best way to fix a pin hole a d if it could be done easily / quickly.

I do need to order more, might even pick up some 3416 for these types of dives. I sure do wish dry glove manufacturers would sell just the glove side. It's not impossible to change, but would be nice to have another set loaded and ready (for less than the cost of an entire new set of dry gloves).
Yeah, what’s the point if you don’t have spare gloves on hand? 🤦‍♀️🤣

This is why I have the same glove system for both drysuits

PVC pipe cement in two thin coats. Ready in 5 mins and welds to PVC gloves. Does not peel off like Aquaseal does on PVC.

PVC pipe cement in two thin coats. Ready in 5 mins and welds to PVC gloves. Does not peel off like Aquaseal does on PVC.
Awesome. That's what happened yesterday. The aquaseal started to peel off.

I have tons of PVC cement. I would assume you use sparingly as it would setup pretty hard?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom