Drysuit Glove Fixing at SI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

small "one time use" bottles....

The same as the tubes of aquaseal.

search out a "wader repair kit"...

I still prefer TearAid for a "save a dive kit"
Does that stay pliable afterwards?

I understand there's a time to replace gloves or swap them out.. it just seems silly to do for a pin hole, idk. I like the idea of tear aid if it's somewhat pliable.

I use super glue for pin holes or tiny cuts of a few millimeters. I don't have a problem with it going bad or drying up, night maybe replace it once a year.

For a big tear i just replace the glove. I keep spares in a box with a set of three 1" spring clamps. The clamps make installing a glove quick and easy. Line up the glove and put on the clamp holding one to the ring. Slide over about 60degrees and clamp on the second. Repeat with the third. At this point half the glove is held in place and you can just pull over the other half on to the ring. I can do all of this in just a few minutes. Most of the effort is just getting the glove folded and line up. The clamp make the installation a breeze.

I understand there's a time to replace gloves or swap them out.. it just seems silly to do for a pin hole, idk. I like the idea of tear aid if it's somewhat pliable.
Just pulled out an old pair old Smurf Gloves that have not been used since I switched to pullover gloves, about 5 years. Glue is still flexible and cannot be picked off.

Tear aid is great and it is pliable. I use it mostly for drysuit leaks. Gloves may work but wash the surface with soap first so it sticks well.

Tear aid is great and it is pliable. I use it mostly for drysuit leaks. Gloves may work but wash the surface with soap first so it sticks well.
I keep a couple alcohol prep pads in the patch kit to prep/clean the surface...

I keep a couple alcohol prep pads in the patch kit to prep/clean the surface...
Link to which tear aid? Quite a few it seems.

Link to which tear aid? Quite a few it seems.
I can't seem to post a URL. Search amazon for this one:

TEAR-AID Fabric Repair Kit, Type A Clear Patch for Canvas, Fiberglass, Leather, Polyester, Nylon & More, 3in x 5ft Roll, Single Pack​

I keep about 12 inches of it in my spares box.

Instant dry glove, dry suit, wing, and tire repair. I love these things. Scuff, peel, and stick.

1676824148019.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom