Drysuit in Red Sea in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived in the Red Sea 2 weeks end of April through 1st week in May. Majority of water temps were 74-78 degrees. I dived a full 7mm wetsuit and was probably the only warm diver on our 4 dives per day. There were a few dives of 79-80 degrees and I was on the warm side, nothing letting in some water couldn't fix.

Any of you know what late November early December temps will be like in Red Sea? TIA

Temperature in the red sea vary from north to south. The water in Dec/jAn/feb is around 20°C in the north, 2 degrees more in the south.
Low season is between dec and feb , for that reason. i have seen people dive in dry suits in November. I dived in the North in March: the temperature was 22/23 °. OK with 5 mm wet suit + additional layer of 5mm and hood. But I do not like chilly conditions.

I'll be at Elphinstone, Daedulus and Brothers. Is that north, south or central Red Sea?

Been there with my 5 mm and I was cold. Did not dive with cap and gloves, but I did not like it at all after a few days. Next time I will be taking my drysuit. Much more choice in underwear. You can start light and put on more underwear after a few days of diving.

I'll be at Elphinstone, Daedulus and Brothers. Is that north, south or central Red Sea?

Great Choice, as we call it: the "golden triangle", THE LOB cruise of reference in the Red Sea. Brothers is a bit in the North, Elphinstone and Daedaleus in the center.

I would bring a dry suit in February.:wink:.

thank you chillyincanada. Hope you wil see this and this in Daedaleus, like I did :)

Last edited:
Wow! Me too, thanks though it'll be fine with me if I don't get quite as close to an Oceanic white tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom