drysuit modification question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkcampbe

Reaction score
I have two neoprene cold water drysuits and I just got rid of an OS Systems trilaminate. I like the feel of the neoprene better because I do almost all cold water or ice diving. What I dont like are the wrist seals. I hate that I need help getting into them. I can barely get my wrists through the seals and I feel like I am being born again when I pop my head out of the neck seal. Is there any logical reason why I cannot graft latex seals onto one of them to try it out? I am willing to attempt it on one of my suits if noone can give me a logical reason, because, I can always have new seals put back in. The seals that are in are correct for me as I had them put in and measured by a drysuit company. Let me know what your thoughts and thanks in advance for the replies.

P.S. I will not hold anyone accountable for my actions! Thanks again

You can have latex seals put on a neoprene drysuit. I've seen it done.

Scott

While this does not work on all suits, it does for me. I had similar complaints. I got a small spray bottle from one wife, and filled it with about 10% baby shampoo, and the rest water. I spray it on the wrist seals and neck first, then my arms, hands, hair and face. My suit pops easily and quick. No more looking like casper the ghost from the powder.

Really works nice when putting it on again for dive two+

Some neoprene suits have the smooth side of the seal on the inside and other have the smooth side on the outside and then fold it over to create a smooth side in seal.

If the seals are smooth side in, a little KY or similar lubricant on the seal will allow your hand to slide through very easily.

If a neoprene neck seal is excessively tight, you can stretch the seal a by leaving it stretched over a scuba tank over night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom