Drysuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paleface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a front diaganal zipper on my dry suit,the only one I have dove. I dont have any complaints and I'll keep this suit as a back up.
Three guys I dive with have and swear by the horizontal front zip,but they have never dove a diagnal front zip.
Can the people that have dove both give me some feed back on the good and bad.
Thanks Keith

I've dived a Mobby's and a Whites, which both have a form of horizontal front zip, and a Diving Concepts with diagonal front zip and a DUI, briefly, with the diagonal zip.

Both horizontal front zips were truly self-donning, although the Mobby's was easier than the Whites to get the zipper all the way across. The DC was a little difficult to get the zipper started up over the shoulder, but easy to get it closed. The DUI was similar. Getting the second arm in requires a good range of motion in the shoulder -- my husband is having a lot of trouble with his Bare diagonal zip, because he's got a shoulder injury on the right side.

I also have an old right shoulder injury. My zipper on the HOG suit runs from right shoulder to left hip and I have no issues getting it on. Right arm.goes in first, then left and over the head. If the zipper ran left shoulder to.right hip I can see where there would be a problem . My OS suit was horizontal across the front and usually did not have a problem. Except after the shoulder injury it was a bear to get on. I don't ever see going back to a horizontal or a diagonal that runs opposite of what I have now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

The hoizontal front zip is know for being the least stressed and longest lasting self donning arrangement.

Thanks for the replies. Can you give me some recommendations on a good suit with the horizontal zipper. I only know of a few companies that make them.
1. OS System
2. Typhoon- CNS Tech,only sold in Europe
3. USIA- Techniflex

I like diagonal better than horizontal for ease of self-donning. I'm just barely flexible enough for horizontal (e.g., White's Fusion), and it's much easier for me to self-don diagonal zippers (e.g., DUIs). However, once I get both on, they're both really good underwater, with White's getting my vote for being slightly more comfy underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom