Drysuit Rentals and AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So here is what has happened. I had recently purchased some gear for my class from another shop. I called him up and explained my predicament to him. I had been in the shop last weekend on a recommendation to learn more about suits. The owner took at least 45 minutes talking to me about various pros and cons on a few. I had explained that I had purchased my course before I knew about his shop but would definately get my gear etc from him. He was recommended by a new dive friend who is very experienced in our local community. Anywhoo, I called him up and told him about my experience and he offered to rent me my suit for the other shops course. I was blown away, but said after thinking about it that I thought was unfair to him and I'd rather do the course with his shop. So i let the previous shop know im cancelling and why. They offered to try getting a sample in for me, push my course back a month or get a store credit for the course fee less the study guide. Which I had said was only fair anyway. I appreciate that they are trying to make it right but now I just want to deal with the recommended shop.

So im going to go with the store credit and just pay the other shop the fee. They will reduce the course fee less the guide for me so I'm not out that amount.

I feel bad but they let me down first.

I would have gone to another shop as I don't have a dry suit card. Got about 40 dives in mine and have found no need to get a "card".

I had no clue about the policy until I got there. I was only diving dry in a 90F pool because I needed to check my weighting on my new BP/W before a diving trip at a Midwestern quarry I was going to do in a few weeks (now cancelled). I was with two other people and didn't have my bathing suit with me.

Did you get your drysuit course done before the cold weather hit? How was it?

Hi. Well the first suit I wore was way to large so thankfully that was in the pool. The Porteau Cove dive was better as I was in a smaller suit. But.. weighted wrong, so I had trouble with staying down. If I wasn't totally focusing on staying following the fire hose, as soon as I looked to a side or changed directions I would start to ascend. So I just did one dive that day and I'm waiting for my next dives. All in all though great.

I'm back in the water this Friday and Saturday. One thing I'm pretty sure about is that I do not like the fusion zip up around the top. I think I would rather have a full zipper that runs across the chest. It looks way easier.

I loathe that damned Fusion zipper with a passion. That's one of the reasons I got my USIA.

Did you use the front entry or back entry. I have a front entry and find it easy to put the suit on and off. I can also zip and unzip without help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom