Drysuit repair-wish me luck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*whew* I got tired just reading all that!

Keep on -- you are almost there -- we are with you! :)

Seam tape was Easy to Apply, although i did a poor job of old glue removal so now im paying for it. im going to reorder more tape remove my tape and thuroughly remove old glue and try again.
heres a link to where i've been getting my stuff. takes about 9-10 days to get it but it's alot cheaper so its worth it. www.drysuits.ltd.uk

Tonight:

Inflation and soap test looked good. Suit actually seemed to stay inflated for me. This is a first.

I took it for a dip in the bath tub. I did not feel the sudden inflow of water I did last time, but I was wet. Socks were still dry. Which was weird. I was wet on myback at hte shoudlers and my butt and legs were damp.

I think I not only needed to reseal the seams, but I have to reseal everywhere there is stitching. i.e. around the zipper, around the neck, and where the knee pads were sewn in.

After I have it dry, I will probably sell it, too. I used my clawfoot tub this time and my mobility in the suit was not good. I think it would fit a shorter person much better, but it is good weight-wise.

At least I have the 3 mm O'Neill compressed neoprene suit from eBay. I got it today and the arms seem a little longish, but that may be OK. I can shorten the arms a little if I need to replace the cuffs. Or I can just shorten the arms....

Inflation test was good. Seams and seals all look great. I am a little worried that it will be hot in the pool, but it will be warm in the cold lake!

Screw it. Sold it on eBay. I am sure it can be fixed, but I do not have the time for it.

DivingCRNA:
Tonight:

Inflation and soap test looked good. Suit actually seemed to stay inflated for me. This is a first.

I took it for a dip in the bath tub. I did not feel the sudden inflow of water I did last time, but I was wet. Socks were still dry. Which was weird. I was wet on myback at hte shoudlers and my butt and legs were damp.

I think I not only needed to reseal the seams, but I have to reseal everywhere there is stitching. i.e. around the zipper, around the neck, and where the knee pads were sewn in.

After I have it dry, I will probably sell it, too. I used my clawfoot tub this time and my mobility in the suit was not good. I think it would fit a shorter person much better, but it is good weight-wise.

At least I have the 3 mm O'Neill compressed neoprene suit from eBay. I got it today and the arms seem a little longish, but that may be OK. I can shorten the arms a little if I need to replace the cuffs. Or I can just shorten the arms....

Inflation test was good. Seams and seals all look great. I am a little worried that it will be hot in the pool, but it will be warm in the cold lake!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom