Drysuit Roundtable Q&A

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can the L/XL Bullet skin be used on the White's Fusion XXL/XXXL inner bag? I'm just right at the limit of too big for the Tech L/XL suit that I tried on with heavy undergarments, so I got a Tech XXL/XXXL. I've only used it a couple of times and I get floaty shoulders and upper arms pretty easily. I'm wondering if the smaller Bullet skin would help to tame the large inner bag.

Can the L/XL Bullet skin be used on the White's Fusion XXL/XXXL inner bag? I'm just right at the limit of too big for the Tech L/XL suit that I tried on with heavy undergarments, so I got a Tech XXL/XXXL. I've only used it a couple of times and I get floaty shoulders and upper arms pretty easily. I'm wondering if the smaller Bullet skin would help to tame the large inner bag.
Yes, I have one set up that way.

What is a good alternative to the Silicone SiTech wrist seals, for use with the Sitech permanent wrist rings? I've blown out a couple sets of the silicone seals now, and tried a "manchette" style set, but they seem to leak a bit on me. Are there better alternatives?

What is a good alternative to the Silicone SiTech wrist seals, for use with the Sitech permanent wrist rings? I've blown out a couple sets of the silicone seals now, and tried a "manchette" style set, but they seem to leak a bit on me. Are there better alternatives?
You can always put standard latex seals on the ring system. However, you may just need to give the silicone seals some time and care. I broke a couple of the silicone seals when I first got them, but over time I've learned how to be more careful with them and haven't had to replace one in quite a while now.

It sure can! We have set up lots of people in that configuration for this exact reason.

---------- Post added September 21st, 2015 at 08:44 AM ----------

Btw, about talc.
Is it ok to use something like this one for latex seals?
JOHNSON'S

You can, but we recommend medical grade as it doesn't contain any of the scents or other fancy things that can deteriorate the seals.
Si Tech Talcolm Bag | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

---------- Post added September 21st, 2015 at 08:45 AM ----------

Do you think the Bullet holds the bubble down?

It will. You are taking all that extra material and holding it tighter. It should make your suit more enjoyable in the water based on your dimensions.

---------- Post added September 21st, 2015 at 08:47 AM ----------

Well, you really only have a couple choices. Silicone or Latex. With Latex you have a few options. You can do Manchettes which are longer. Standard duty Latex Wrists are the most popular or heavy duty for extreme durability. On the HD you sacrifice comfort though and have a higher potential to leak.

Don't forget, you can also add drygloves :wink:

---------- Post added September 21st, 2015 at 08:50 AM ----------

Also, here is something I wrote on silicone seals a few years ago. How are you putting them on?
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/455899-silicone-seals-they-worth.html

Simple question that I use to know but have forgotten. Neoprene drysuit. Do I hang with the inner zipper closed or the outer zipper. Thanks.

Simple question that I use to know but have forgotten. Neoprene drysuit. Do I hang with the inner zipper closed or the outer zipper. Thanks.

I would close the main zipper, but all but the last 1"

Back
Top Bottom