Drysuit Selection - Pinnacle vs. DUI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finster,

The only way to make your drysuit work is practice. It is a learned skill and not natural when you're coming from the world of wetsuits. Do youself a favor and try and work away fro the ankle weights if you can. In a tri-lam, butel or crushed neoprene you should be able to master it without too much work. But it's all practice.

Just FYI: I currently dive a Dive-Rite butel 905 with DUI C4 under and am 5'7" 150lbs. I use 12lbs. when diving a single 95cu.ft. and 50cu.ft. stage with AL backplate. (This info just for comparision)

Good luck!!

Hey Finster - no matter what you paid for it - that s one good suit.

As far as the weighting goes - I strongly encourage you to loose the ankle weights - you really don't need them if you learn to use your suit...
See if you can find somethign called "fin keepers" most shops have them, they will keep air from getting into your feet - which is the reason for wearing ankle weights in the first place right?!

Next - expect 15 - 20 dives to get used to the suit - it takes some practise to get it down and you will likely shed more weight as you get more used to it.

Anyway - have fun!

Big T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom