Drysuit Valve Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver:
So did you finally get all things sorted out?
Yeah. My wife got sick of coming home and finding Giant-Inflated-DrysuitMan in the middle of the livingroom, and forced me to just go out and buy a brand new suit. :eyebrow:

hehehe... my wife came into my office/workshop one night to find the drysuit on the floor.

she screamed. it looked like a real person, she said, with no head (i guess she
didn't notice it had no hands either)

Rick Inman:
Yeah. My wife got sick of coming home and finding Giant-Inflated-DrysuitMan in the middle of the livingroom, and forced me to just go out and buy a brand new suit. :eyebrow:

Hmmmm, might need to try that tack.....

Now dont forget to turn your suit inside out and reverse the inlet valve to check for a leak. I hear this is the way to check it due to seams compressing and stoping the leak..

Any thought on this method. I'm still not to convinced by it.

If you can't get a good set of Si-Tech valves, I can pull a set off one of my kids dry suits. They have the swivel inflator too. Only ten dives on one. I have one suit that has never been in the water. For the right price you can buy the whole suit. I need to clean the dive locker out for summer...

Those suits would be a hot EBAY item. Ide keep those valves on them

2Dive4fun:
If you can't get a good set of Si-Tech valves, I can pull a set off one of my kids dry suits. They have the swivel inflator too. Only ten dives on one. I have one suit that has never been in the water. For the right price you can buy the whole suit. I need to clean the dive locker out for summer...
A generous offer! Thanks!
I have to agree with ScubaSarus though, the suit would not be saleable without them.

We are on the second drysuit for my daughter now. They do tend to out grow them.....

Rick Inman:
I tried this in our office and all my drivers gave me so much crap about "blowing up my date", my wife made me put it in the back room. My mother came by to stick some stuff in the store room. (I didn't mention i had the gloves installed, so it looked really alive) Anyhow, we forgot it was in there until she saw it. Holy cow!!!! I still never found my leak?!??! :06:

Just hope no one falls in love with one of these blown up things

Back
Top Bottom