Drysuit Zip Seals From Hell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

screenshot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 5.13.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 5.13.32 PM.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 68
Hi,

This is Kathy Long with DUI. Thanks to KevinNM I came across your post. From the photos it appears you are trying to install ZipSeals in a DUI TLS and ZipGloves in an OMS drysuit. With both of these installs you will want to use a lubricant to install either the ZipSeals or ZipGloves. The gloves can be a bit trickier as it is heavier. Use lots of soapy water and when you get to the point in the photo push that glove out straight and in my experience it will line up and lock in.

Do you have an option of visiting your local DUI dealer? I'll say I've watch my sister Susan Long install gloves so much... she is super fast and it takes me longer.

Please keep us posted.

I'm guilty of doing it that way (the wrong way) for way too long to care to admit. It sealed, but never 'locked' in. I'd always have to reattach the seal every time I put the suit back on............

Glad I could help.

_R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom