Duh... where do some people get their brains?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBabe22:
There have been times when I wanted to swap spit with my dive master...I wish I had thought of the out of air idea....

In Belize I was laying down in between and my dive master put a dead sardine on my chest. I squealed and literally launched/flipped myself up so loudly 3 docks in either direction stopped what they were doing and joined my father and dive master in laughing hysterically....the groupers wouldn't leave me alone during the second dive EITHER!!!

I'll swap spit wit ya... : )

ghostdiver1957:
Sanitizing things is for appearance. Didn't you then get in a pool and swap regulators with people underwater? If you didn't, then you missed a major skill that all agencies teach - air sharing... and believe me, those regs were just in someone elses mouth... lets think people - lets think...

Sanitizing things is to, er, sanitize them...

But you're right about sharing regs in a chlorinated pool. Why do they chlorinate the pool again? Right, cause it smells so darn good!

People! Settle down...:D

MOF #94

ItsBruce:
OMG, you're kidding, aren't you?

The black light will tell you for sure.....

Sasquatch:
Sanitizing things is to, er, sanitize them...

But you're right about sharing regs in a chlorinated pool. Why do they chlorinate the pool again? Right, cause it smells so darn good!

People! Settle down...:D

MOF #94

They chlorinate it to kill germs... however some fiesty germs can survive for a brief period of time in chlorinated water (ask a doctor)... such as the time it takes to get your regulator into your partners mouth. The chlorinatiion in the pool does help to suppress the smell of all the unrine in it... but never the less, it is still likely you gulp other peoples urine anytime you're in a public pool. How many people do you think make it through a three hour pool session without peeing in the pool? Few if any... so out of a class of 10 - 12 people ... that's a lot of urine, spit and everything else in the water... REALITY CHECK.... if these things were that bad for you... there wouldn't be swimming pools... the government would have shut them all down years ago.

Yup, like I said it's MY problem.

I'M a buzzkill.

Let's just say that given a choice I'll choose to minimize the exposure if I can. Otherwise...here's to spittin'!

ghostdiver1957:
They chlorinate it to kill germs... however some fiesty germs can survive for a brief period of time in chlorinated water (ask a doctor)... such as the time it takes to get your regulator into your partners mouth. The chlorinatiion in the pool does help to suppress the smell of all the unrine in it... but never the less, it is still likely you gulp other peoples urine anytime you're in a public pool. How many people do you think make it through a three hour pool session without peeing in the pool? Few if any... so out of a class of 10 - 12 people ... that's a lot of urine, spit and everything else in the water... REALITY CHECK.... if these things were that bad for you... there wouldn't be swimming pools... the government would have shut them all down years ago.

And that is not counting what the FISH do in the ocean and in the lake. They pee, poop and have sex in there!

"I never drink water, fish F#$% in it"-W.C. Feilds

oh amazing.. hahahahaha

Fish_Whisperer:
*horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!!!!* :D

If I hadn't seen this I would have gone the rest of my life having never learned how to spell that sound.

Soooooooo freekin' funny!

The sound of a smuggled mask nudibranch. Very rare indeed.

LMAO:monkeydan

I just wanted to say from a fellow diver from Petawawa. Well i was born in pembroke but lived in Pet. I think it is cool that your getting out of there and going to a beautiful place besides there. How long have ya been diving? Have ya done any in the ottawa river in Pet?
Cheers
Steph

Back
Top Bottom