DUI BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinjc

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a BC by the DUI company? I was visiting a dive shop in my area yesterday for the first time as they are a distribbutor for Dive Rite (I am considering the Transpac II) and was told by the salesperson that he DUI BC has all the features of of the Transpac II at a lower cost. ($598 was the DUI ticket price). Let me know...ThanksQ!

The new DUI bc's are much better than they were. When they first came out they had a bunch of velcro adjustments that would come loose when donning or doffing the rig.

Bottom line is that DUI makes the best Drysuits on the planet... but they really aren't known for their B.C.'s

I can agree and disagree all at the same time about DUI. I think they make a great dry suit, but in my oponion Diving Concepts is the best on the market. As far as the statement about the BCD I agree they have come a long way but the Dive Rite Transpac II BCD is the best on the market today. It is totally adjustable to you, a measurement is taken to determine the harness size and then you pick the bladder. I would say get the Rec Wing. It is a 55+ bladder than can work well with rec and tec diving. It can be easily changed over to a technical BCD with just a few parts and works outstanding as a rec BCD......my choice is in the Transpac. I saw a company http://www.nwsportsdivers.com selling a transpac complete for $500.00. You might want to check it out and e-mail them.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info! I wandered around the web today and found the Transpac II with Rec wing for $510 at Divers Discount Supply. (Weight pockets are an additional $49 per pair.) I know, I know - I really should support my local dive shop - but after spending $329 for my OW class (which includes the cert dives)plus $75 for CD rom and training materials and around $100 at the LDS for a compass (genesis compass, boot and retractable ring/clip) that I could have purchased for about $50-$60 on line - I just can't stomach that high a mark-up! The compass was the only piece of 'required' equipment I didn't already own...

Take a look at my site. I will sell you the Dive Rite for $500.00 and that includes the weight pockets. Freight, depending on where you live, will run about $25-$30.00 so you are looking at $530.00 with no tax becuase I will make it out of state sale, as long as you are not in Washington.

Check it out!!! Thanks for the response and good luck!

Chris

Just an idea but I am also looking at the Dive Rite combo. Since Discound Divers does price matching and the same combo is cheaper at Leisure Pro (though they are not an authorized dealer) you should be able to get an even better price at Discount Divers. Just my thoughts anyway.

Taltoz

Thanks Chris! I will get back to you in a few weeks after my OW cert dives. My LDS is going to rent me a DUI BC for those. I did visit your site, but read that everything had to be picked up in person - as I live in Columbus OH - that was going to be a problem. If you're willing to ship the Transpac II to my address - that's great! I wasn't too pleased with my LDS experience - training seemd a little pricey, but not too bad - but the equipment sales pitch was pretty strong arm (luckily I already had most of my basic gear) Sadly but there aren't many LDS options here, as we are landlocked in central Ohio. Thanks again!

martinjc,

I don't know about the DUI, But in my opinion you can't go wrong with the [red]Dive-Rite TransPac II[/red]. I am very happy with mine, I have the rec wings and the weight integrated pouches.I've thought about picking up some travel wings for those Caribean Trips..

Relax and have fun on your cert dives, Let us know how it goes.

Tavi

I'd like to add one more thing here: Of the dozens of different B.C.'s I've owned/used my favorite by far has been the SeaQuest Black Diamond. It's a great B.C.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

I will send it out of town, but it will have to come to my dive shop first and then I will send it to you. Sorry to hear about your experience. The industry is tough business and what people say and think is life and death!

Let me know how things go and if there is anything I can do for you.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom