DUI CF200 Vs. Whites Fusion??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Good Day all, www.scubagadget.com has just posted an article that puts the cf200 against the Fusion on a number of different features - Fit, comfort, durability, options/accessories, design, donning/doffing, air movement, service/warranty, cost of ownership etc.

It is a completely unbiased review - feel free to check it out at:

www.scubagadget.com

Feel free to post your thoughts back here!

Tyler

Tyler,

Very interesting article and it backs something I've been saying which is that the Fusion is THE suit dive shops should be using for a rental.

I'm not surprised. I don't own a CF200, but I have a DC compressed neo suit which hasn't been worn since I bought my Fusion.

LOL

The Contenders – a pairing of “uniquely similar” drysuits.

Whats similar? They keep the diver dry? (I see DUI agrees me me.)

as per the article.

I too considered if this was a good and fair pairing, but when you look at the overall drysuit market these two suits are “uniquely similar.” Both suits are targeted at and purchased by customers that want a form fitting, low drag, durable, drysuit with flexibility and little or no buoyancy characteristics.
I don't agree at all. Makes me think the author knows nothing about drysuits.

LOL

The Contenders a pairing of ÅÖniquely similar drysuits.

as per the article.

I agree. My first thought was that this would be like Motortrend comparing the Chevy Corvette to the Hummer H1.

LOL

The Contenders a pairing of ÅÖniquely similar drysuits.

as per the article.

I think you're missing the point. Anyone who knows anything about Drysuits knows that the CF200 and the Fusion are very different with completely different designs. However both Drysuits claim to have similair features and all you have to do is check the DUI website to see the CF200 decribed as "..thin, flexible, and extremely durable". Whites makes similair claims about the Fusion. So who's right?

The comparison was meant to test each Drysuits capabilities as stated by Whites and DUI. Obviously each Drsuit has a much different design, the question is which design performs better in specific areas.

Justin

This comparison makes about as much sense as comparing a White's Fusion to a Viking rubberized dry suit...

Those considering a CF200 are most likely interested in it for how well it holds up (answer: very well). Just no way to know how a Fusion compares until a few years down the road.

This comparison makes about as much sense as comparing a White's Fusion to a Viking rubberized dry suit...

Those considering a CF200 are most likely interested in it for how well it holds up (answer: very well). Just no way to know how a Fusion compares until a few years down the road.

That's fair. Keep in mind though that the Fusion has been on the market for a couple years now and is proving itself to be very durable as well. I personally have 300 dives on mine with no issues.

The problem remains that there is nothing on the market that compares to the Fusion in terms of fit, flexibility and streamlining. You would have to throw it up against a 3mm wetsuit to even come close to a fair comparison in these areas. As the article states, the Fusion has created a whole new breed of Drysuits.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks like a great suit. Might even pick one up for myself as a travel DS.

That said, just not enough data yet about how it holds up where you tend to see lots of CF200s (e.g. many years of wreck penetration in cold water). So far, looks promising.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks like a great suit. Might even pick one up for myself as a travel DS.

That said, just not enough data yet about how it holds up where you tend to see lots of CF200s (e.g. many years of wreck penetration in cold water). So far, looks promising.

If you want to try a Fusion for free you can visit one of our Fusion demo stores in the LA area. If you go to the Whites webiste you will find a list of dive centers that participate in this program. Beach Cities Scuba for example.

Cheers,

Justin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom