DUI Delta vs. Halcyon Eclipse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,

Which one is for you the best wing system: DUI Delta or Halcyon Eclipse?

I did not hear too much about the DUI Delta wing system.

I am new to drysuit diving and will at least for now dive with a single steel tank. When I would decide to go for double tanks, would I have to buy a new wing then?

Thank you.

I don't know anything about the Delta, but I have the Eclipse and I love it. You would need a new wing for doubles (the Evolve wing from Halcyon is great), but can use the same backplate and harness.
Good Luck

I used to dive a DUI Delta but now dive a BP/W. The delta is a soft back back inflate BC similiar to the Dive Rite Transpac. The Halcyon Eclipse is a bp/w.

I prefer the bp/w setups.

The DUI wings that I've seen are to big. They Taco and trap air.I tried one and didn't like it. I've seen students really struggling because of this.

Not sure if the Delta is a jacket or one of their wing BC's

You will need a new wing for doubles.

I, too, would recommend a BP/W setup, and if you're fond of Halcyon, then go for that one. For singles, get the slimmest, narrowest wing you can, like an Eclipse, Pioneer, DSS, Oxycheq, etc. The thing you want to avoid is too big a wing that will flop around and taco around your tank. You only want as much lift as you need, and you want the narrowest profile wing you can find.

If you do end up with doubles, then going BP/W will serve you well because you can just swap out the singles wing for a doubles wing and use the same plate/harness and you're off to the races :D

Thank you guys for the advice.. I guess the way to go if I go for a wing system is with the Eclipse.

Now I am just wondering whether it is worth to switch my BC.

At this moment I have a Seaquest Pro Unlimited which costed me 750 USD. I am wondering why is this BCD much more expensive than a Wing system. Is it worth the trade? (By the way, I will be diving wet and dry, lakes and ocean).

nunomix:
Thank you guys for the advice.. I guess the way to go if I go for a wing system is with the Eclipse.

Now I am just wondering whether it is worth to switch my BC.

At this moment I have a Seaquest Pro Unlimited which costed me 750 USD. I am wondering why is this BCD much more expensive than a Wing system. Is it worth the trade? (By the way, I will be diving wet and dry, lakes and ocean).

I just created a new thread for the comparison between this BCD vs. Eclipse

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=126899

nunomix:
. When I would decide to go for double tanks, would I have to buy a new wing then?
Yes you will have to buy another wing . Most wings on the market are designed for double or singe tanks. The ones that are designed for both pretty much work, but suck , not good for singles or doubles.

Back
Top Bottom