DUI Demo Days at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I checked with the ENT again, and they're really telling me I should give it another week or so after the DUI Demo Days before I consider getting back in the water. I may come along as a spectator/helper-outter though. :14:

Derek S:
I checked with the ENT again, and they're really telling me I should give it another week or so after the DUI Demo Days before I consider getting back in the water. I may come along as a spectator/helper-outter though. :14:

That would be cool Derek. If it wouldn't be to hard on you. It was tough for me going to the pool when I couldn't get in!!

hey everyone....... i don't normally post on the lake effect part of the board but I stop in every now and again and read the posts, being from Buffalo and all. I now live in Allentown, PA right next to Dutch Springs so I hope to see some of you guys there. If anyone wants to know about anything in the area let me know. Finally someone opened a dive shop near Dutch on route 191 (like a half mile from Dutch) it's called Lehigh Valley Dive Center, its not too bad. That place opened at the end of last season. See you in May!!

Brenden

Hey Brenden -

If you haven't been before, let me officially welcome you to the Lake Effect Divers forum! We do most of our diving in the upstate NY/Canada area, but we also try to get to Dutch quite a few times over the summer.

I am just coming off septoplasty surgery (get my splints removed in less than 9 hours), so I'm not 100% sure I'll be there for DUI days, or if I am, if I'll be diving. I can tell you that I definitely will be there at least 3-4 long weekends over the summer.

I'm surprised it took someone that long to get one open near Dutch, it should have been a no-brainer. :D

Look forward to meeting and diving with you this summer!

Derek

Jackie and I have unfortunate news. RIT has released their final exam schedules, and Jackie has 2 final exams, while I also have 1 final exam on the following monday of the dog days!!! We were hoping our exams would be assigned later in the week, but apparently it didnt happen. Regretably, I'll be calling DD tomorrow to cancel our reservations :-(

Jackie and I plan to go to Dutch Springs on the weekend of May 12th to 14th, just a shout out to anyone that plans to go on that weekend.

I just realized something....

Not to impugn anyone's fun for the demo days, but the weekend after that is Memorial Day, and it's a 3 day weekend. Is there anyone planning on going to Dutch that following weekend?

I just want to dive and the doc says the earliest I can get in the water is the weekend after Demo Days. :(

Drat Derek!! Maybe you could at least snorkel at dutch with us??? Too cold for me to dive yet, as I can only dive wet, but maybe we can plan something soon with DD and Osprey/Favors and I can rent a DS?

I am diving the 1000 islands with Dwight (Aquarius Divers) on saturday of memroial day weekend. I'm off the friday before too, so I'll probally take my boat up and get in a few dives then too. Dwight most likely has openings if anyone wants to go....
Dan

Hi guys. I've been kinda quiet for awhile as I've been contemplating the situation with my back. The past couple of weeks it has not been doing so well and I'm going to have to forfeit going in May. :( Hopefully I should be back in shape to go down in July. I just cant do it right now, in fact I've been sitting on an ice pack all day today. :( Im mad as hell, but no sense in making matters worse. Lord knows you need your back for the rest of your life...and I'm too young to screw around with it.

Is there any more talk about us getting together for a afternoon?

Oh, BTW, anyone who has myspace - please check me out @
www.myspace.com/1divadiver

Later!

I am looking forward to meeting with the LED members again at Dutch. I now have a reliable gear-carrying vehicle to get me there and am looking forward to the fun that you like to have.

I'll see you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom